Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1915 YMCA camp

SilverAddiction

This past April I was given permission to detect a 600 acre YMCA camp that was established in 1915. The caretaker told me he has been around the camp for more than 20 years and has never seen anybody MDing nor been asked to do so. It is gated off when not in use and he lives on site so good chance it has not been done. He also said he would point me to to the old grub stake miners camp and what they call the castle that are on the property. The castle is a house built in the 1930s by a wealthy local businessman that later burnt. He donated the land to the camp after it burnt. I think he said it burnt in the 1960's. The miners camp predates the camp so it's anybody's guess how old it is. This is Northwest so the history won't be anything like that on the east coast, but I am still very excited. He said I would have to wait until Fall when all the campers were gone for the season. Unfortunately I moved 7 hours away just before the season ended. But I am going back this weekend for a three day hunt!

Thanks! I'll post pics of anything good that I find.

Sounds like fun. Have a good time out there...

Hard to tell from the aireal pic but it kinda looks like a camp I hunted 23yrs ago on C'dA Lake in Idaho.......(?)

oneguy said:
Hard to tell from the aireal pic but it kinda looks like a camp I hunted 23yrs ago on C'dA Lake in Idaho.......(?)

This one is in WA, but how did you do on the C'dA camp?

SilverAddiction said:
oneguy said:

This one is in WA, but how did you do on the C'dA camp?
I was very new at that time and using my old Tesoro GSII (that I still have). I usually remember pretty good where I find coins and "if" I remember right I wasn't there very long and don't remember digging anything special (old and/or silver)????? I think the camp was on the west side of C'dA lake.....

Had a lot of fun but nothing spectacular found. A few wheat cents, one silver coin(1924 dime), a crushed silver ring, a modern sharp shooter pin, and some clad. Now that I have gotten more comfortable using the Gone Hunting program I would like to try again. Maybe in the spring.
Sorry I took so long posting my results

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, you can detect all the ground.
There's no need, to, be, unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I say young man, when you are looking for dough.

Its fun to detect at the YMCA...
/end

---

There's definitely some goodies to be found. If in doubt, organize a group hunt with your friends if the landowner is okay with it.

I did some, but it was too cold to stay in the water very long. If I make it back up next summer that will be my first stop. It's a 7 hour drive though so not sure when I will get back.