Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1917 SLQ almost perfect shape

jabbo

Found it in the yard of an abandoned farm today, near the edge of the property, plus a flat button. My first time there. I know the place was searched before because no other coins were found, lots of tall weeds, gotta wait till winter when the weeds die down. Of course I hit it with my digging tool, never happens to memorial pennies.

wow jabbo that one is a beauty,except for that small nick..... 1st piece of Spanish silver that found I did the same thing to..i don't think ive ever seen one of those with better detail ...... nice one...

I was thrilled when I found it because SLQ are not found too often. It's my second 1917, first one in same condition without any nicks. This one was only about 4 inches deep.

You almost always find the SLQ's either very nice or worn.. Ever think how many SLQ's were in the tips we left at Johnny's Dinner? Go back this Winter..

wow, guess i never really even looked at one closely in the collectors book, didnt realize they where that good looking, as you know most found are just a ghost of the original. Nice find.Good Hunts, CO

I also dug a '17 yrs ago but it's pretty much toast.......think I've only dug 4-5 slq's. It's my second favorite coin ever minted, they are gorgeous coins.

good job!!!!!!

Like many people, I think the Walking Liberty Half's and the Standing Liberty Quarter's are the best looking coins ever minted in the US !
Congrats on finding a SLQ in such great condition !

Beautiful quarter. That design is my favorite. HH

What amazes me is how often the SLQ is dug with heavy wear. Of all the silver I have dug including Seated they are without a doubt found (by me anyway) with the most wear.