Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1937 Washington ring

1hotwire

I've been reading this forum for 2 years and I haven't seen one of these posted ... and I ran into an older man a few months ago and he makes men's rings with a silver half he turn'ems between his thumb and index finger and beats them with a spoon .. otherwise I would not have known what the heck to make out of it ...

I would suggest you look up John-Edmonton in the Garrett forum. He makes coin rings in all shapes and sizes. Very talented man!

Thanks for the input Phillip ... it rang up 11-46 and I was happy with any silver find but it wasn't until later after I cleaned it up that I seen the United States inside the ring and then I noticed the date and the WOW factor came over me ... can't put a value on the amount of time somebody put into this ring and it's a woman's ring so it could have served as a wedding ring ...
we could never know but that's the cool part of the hobby ...

That’s a great find Hotwire! I think the guys who made those had either a lot of patience or a lot of time on their hands,or both. I’ve only found one made out of a Walker. If I could figure out how to post pics here I’d show you,but it’s VERY similar to yours. Congrats on a nice piece of Americana!

Thanks IDXMonster ... yeah , somebody had a lot of time on their hands for sure ... and it makes for an interesting find as well ... everybody's not going to find one either ...
yeah , it takes a minute or two to figure out how to post a picture ... i would think a walker would make a good size men's ring ..

Hey Hotwire,

Thats a very cool find for sure I have always wanted to find a silver one. A couple of years ago I found a 2004 quarter made into a ring at a High school doesn't compare to your silver ring.

Great find and Happy hunting
Rick

Thanks diggervance , your ring looks to be in great shape .. I'm amazed at people's imagination and today's society don't even compare unless you are talking about handouts .. lol

Great find! You might want to check out "The Man with the Hat" on You Tube. He makes all kinds of coin rings as well.

Good suggestion cz70pro , I just watched'em the episode of " dig it up , ring it out " ... of course he was using more modern tools than beating it out with a spoon and then drilling it out but I have never seen it done and it was very interesting ...