Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1940’s Lake always full of surprises.

College classes canceled and work taken care of off I headed to the lake here in town where I’ve been a few hundred times. Started on the big hill that before last year was layered with trash. Worked an area I have done a few times and found some zinc pennies and a bunch of tabs looking for gold. Came into a small little clearing with a big indent in the ground of a tree. Had a solid 13 but every couple swings it would grunt a 14. Well I dig it all and out popped a 1943 P war nickel. Very odd signal. About 20 minutes later I come to a small tree and a bench and get that sweet deep 12-13. Sometimes these are the tongue of a pull tab but this one sounded like the old nickel. And to my surprise a 1907 V nickel comes out. This lake was built in the 40’s but before that it was some timber with a creek running through it and a supposed picnic site. This makes 2 v nickels and 1 shield nickel from this site now. Would love to know what other coins got covered up in the making of the lake. And about 4 feet away a wheat popped up. Other than that got some clad and a lot of junk. Still amazes me the amount of coins I find as I’ve hit it hard and so had a couple other thousand people I’m sure over the years. Still a ton of targets to be dug out there. Got 2 gold rings last year there but not with the Nox. Still haven’t been able to get over one yet.

Attachments

• DC73146C-96AA-412F-B24D-9CFCDAE03258.jpeg
    DC73146C-96AA-412F-B24D-9CFCDAE03258.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Nice finds you made!!!🤗🤗
Thank you! Somedays out there are great and other days I never get a number over 17. Still can't figure out what gold sounds like on this machine but it sure loves nickels.

Oh yes....I found out that the Equinox loves nickels too...no gold for me yet with the Equinox....
You certainly proved that to me with last years nickel count!!!

It's a fact the EQ loves nickles! I have quite a few with my 600! The first one this year was a 1904 buffalo...