Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1950 Drive-In movie

shooter

woking the play area of this drive-in wasn't to bad FA max SEN and DISC pulled up a lot of wheaties and silver, but I want to work the area you would park your car, now I no there is a ton of silver there but first I can't get rid of the steel bottle caps and there is so much trash i'm digging 6 to 8 garbage targets a hole. Any idea's why can't I get rid of bottles caps and tabs @ 65 disc. have to try my 5" coil, don't know if 3 tone will help cause tabs come in with high tone.

Ok have the same problem at a local drive in near me. Most targets were shallow so I to my compadre there with the 5.75 search coil which is concentric and really good at discriminating out the bottle caps and leaving everything else. Still dig lots of ring pulls but have to for the buffalo nickels but cleaned up on the silver. I have tried the f 75, Deus and at pro there and it was too much with the small dd coils bit the small concentric killed it.

I haven't hunted an old drive in in years. And when I did it was pretty much beep and dig. I think in your situation shooter you pretty much should dig it all. There are ways to work around bottle caps, but a heavy blanket of them like you describe are no doubt masking a goodly number of old coins. And those parking places hold a lot of coins. A lot of work, but worth it. HH jim tn

Shooter,

Never hunted a area like you are talking about, but if have or can get your hands on a little 6.5" elliptical coil they are concentric and my help some with those bottle caps.

If you can't find one in your area let me know and I can send you mine and you can try it and see if it helps.

If you think you would want to try the little football coil, PM me with your address and I will send it to you.

Ron in WV

Those bottle caps are definitely a big problem and no easy answer but you can eliminate some by watching hour ID screen and if the #s jump around more than 5 then it's probably a bottle cap: coins will be steady and not jump much. Even if I was digging 25 bottle caps to 1 piece of silver, I would call that a success.

Thanks for the offer Ron got a pic and where you got it?

Also I posted the begining of this on the classic site by accident, and can't move it here.

I got the 5" round DD coil , How will that work?

You will get better target separation, but it is a DD and you will still have the same problem with the bottle caps.

The only 2 coils that I know of that are concentric are the little 6.5" football coil and the 10" spider coil. Both are concentric and should help with the bottle caps.

Ron in WV

couldn't find a 6.5 online in ebay.

Shooter,
Here is a picture of the little 6.5" elliptical, what I like about this coil is it is only 3 1/4" wide. The depth on this coil will match the 5" round.

Ron in WV

Shooter,
If I had any money, I would bet you have a mess of concentric coils that will run on your 1270 and 1265x. Just get your littlest coil on one of those 2 machines and you should be able to tell if you can get around those bottle caps. If you have one of those 3.75" round coils it would be best, but if all you have is a 5" go with that.

Ron in WV

Big brother, I'm thinking that if shooter is digging silver out a 8" that the hockey puck coil (flower pot coil) may not make it that deep.
Man, we used to have several of those drive in theaters around here but I'm pretty sure they've all been bulldozed or at lest have some building complex on them now, can you imagine the coins and the trash around the concession area, everybody in the dark, digging in their pockets!
What a Honey Hole.

Mark

That little coil air test on a dime to 7", wonder if it will do better in the ground?:poke:

Brother Ron in WV

Yea, probably a little better if the target is a rusted 50 model Ford car hood, or a badly rusted water meter cover :lol:

Mark

I've dug a couple of cents and dimes a bit past the 7" mark, but everything has to be right. The 5 x 10" DD is deeper, but it will see a few more targets, but less then the 11" stock coil. HH jim tn

Ok here's what happen today, put on the 5" disc.65,Sen-MAX, 1 tone, Started in FA mode, now bear with me cause theirs a lot of questions coming. Worked the first row of parking spaces. Dig all signals from 65 to the 80's DISC, came up with total of 130 assorted bottle cap and pulltabs not 1 coin, most of the targets were 3 to 6" range, At 65 Disc. setting how was i getting tabs. Stopped working parking areas and went back to the play area by the screen did not get any of the 8" and up deep silver, but I was still getting tabs, and here's the kicker I was getting small rusty nail, at 65 how is that possible, also I was getting ID numbers showing up with audio at 1,3,5,7, how is that, with the 5" coil I ended up with 3 memorials,3.5 hour hunt, it was like I had no Disc. at all.

I don't know why, but my F75 does the same thing at high disc it will signal on a buried pull tab but when I get it out of the hole the hole checks clean and the detector will not hit it the pull tab.

It could be that there is another metal item still in the hole near the pull tab that causes it to up average and when you separate them it will not hit on either. Next time I will check the hole in all metal.

Ron in WV

Shooter that is the craziest thing I've ever heard, I could understand maybe once in a blue moon getting a pull tab with disc set at 65 but to regularly get them that seems impossible. My thoughts are your machine isn't working right, maybe some of our more experience hunters have the answer maybe Jim/ Revier/ or Coin rescue has some kind of explanation.