Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1954 dog license, Peace buckle, Frosty, and 1901 Dime.

pplinker

Went to a city lot today, have hunted there before but now they've dug out a basement foundation so thought I'd check out the dirt piles. Didn't find anything in the piles, so I searched the rest of the lot. 1954 dog license. Wonder how much that cost? The last one I bought was only 4.00. Found that old peace sign belt buckle. Somebody was styling back in the days when bell bottom pants were in vogue. They had the lot marked off with string that showed the boundary lines so before going home I hunted real close to the boundary line and found the dime. I knew it was old right away because of it being so thin. The guy next door came outside a little later so I called him over and showed him the dime. We had talked before. He took me into his garage and showed me some bottles he'd found and gave them to me. They weren't that old, I wouldn't have bought them at a yard sale, but took them because he was nice enough to give them to me. Then he showed me an old metal detector his brother gave him. It was a White's goldmaster, and he even has the book with it. It takes regular batteries, I don't remember if he said 8 or 16. He asked is it was a good one and I said well, it's good enough to do the job, but there's always something new coming out, it is like cell phones. I would love to hunt his property because that dime was so close to the line, but I figured he's a nice guy if he wanted me to do that, he'd offer. But he told me about another place to hunt. It is the old waterworks owned by the city. I went down there and it's by the creek and a sign on one if the buildings says it was used prior to 1912. It's probably been hunted to death, but you never know. Thanks for looking.

Nice finds.. years ago i tlked to a guy who has done alot of arrowhead picking in the farm fields. .. he suggested i try several different spots and most of them paid off well..i always consider peoples suggestions, you never know..

bootyhoundpa said:
Nice finds.. years ago i tlked to a guy who has done alot of arrowhead picking in the farm fields. .. he suggested i try several different spots and most of them paid off well..i always consider peoples suggestions, you never know..

Thanks Bootyhoundpa. That was nice of him to share his spots with you. I found an arrowhead a few weeks ago where my husband had dug up a waterline. It would seem it was deep because it was laying on the top of the pile. Have never found many arrowheads. I talked to a guy at the park that hunts them in the plowed creek bottom fields and apparently he's very successful at it. Said he's found a couple knives that's worth a few thousand dollars. Good luck to you in your metal detecting and arrowhead hunting!

pplinker said:
bootyhoundpa said:

Thanks Bootyhoundpa. That was nice of him to share his spots with you. I found an arrowhead a few weeks ago where my husband had dug up a waterline. It would seem it was deep because it was laying on the top of the pile. Have never found many arrowheads. I talked to a guy at the park that hunts them in the plowed creek bottom fields and apparently he's very successful at it. Said he's found a couple knives that's worth a few thousand dollars. Good luck to you in your metal detecting and arrowhead hunting!
you are welcome pplinker, the arrowhead guy told me about places in different fields where he had noticed pieces of broken glass and pottery, iron and whatnot..many of those spots had old coins and relics although i do every so often find an arrowhead or hammer stone.. good luck to you too.

Congrats on the Barber and other finds !

I always enjoy finding the old Dog Tags - it's amazing how long ago they were required in some areas.
I've seen them posted in the metal detecting forums that were dated from the 1880's and 1890's !

Congrats on the nice finds!