Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1966 Kennedy Half & Silver Dimes / Werewolf Pendant / Old Rings / Tokens

floodplaindetector

Finds are from last weekend with my Minelab eTrac + 12x10 SEF Coil. All Finds were found at researched Minnesota Public City Parks that I thought could still hold some old finds.
Saturday was a 10 silver day.
A setting tweak I worked with Elmy on last year, really helped me hear some of the really deep mercury dimes and latching onto the other dimes heavily masked in the iron.
The 2 old rings came in an area of a park where I first hit the older dateless buffalo and the 1903 V nickel. The first ring rang up at 12-16 and the 2nd smaller ring was a 12-8 signal.
They were about 30 feet from each other. They were at least 7 inches deep.
My first ever Werewolf pendant was a surprise. It came within a few feet of a 1919 wheat penny so I believe it has some age. It is heavy but It rang up like a nickel. I first thought it was a melted glob of metal until I cleaned the dirt off and to my
surprise it was a pendant. Kennedy Half Dollars do not come up too often so I was happy to find that also.
Thanks for Looking!
Dave

Coins
1966 Kennedy Half Dollar (40% Silver)
13 silver dimes back to 1917 (90% Silver)
Nickels back to 1903
About 1 1/2 dozen Wheat Pennies (1913 oldest)

Other Finds
Werewolf Pendant
2 old rings
Manufacturers Syndicate Old Copper Tag (About 1 foot deep)
1961 Penny in Aluminum Token
"Matt City" Tavern Token
Good For 5 cents Amusement Token
"L & F" Cover
SilverCoins.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
OldRings.jpg
WerewolfPendant.jpg
Tokens.jpg
OldTag.jpg
HalfDollarReverse.jpg
L&FCover.jpg

Thanks for the comments! Yep, that wolf pendant was a strange one. In the ground it hit like a nickel 12-13. Did an air test on it and it is 12-11. Very heavy for its size.
Dave

Great hunt! Seeing all of that silver has got me itching to get out now...