Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st couple hunts

Dave400

Finally got to hunt after the long winter.This story is about two hunts.Hunted about an hour after work at an old victorian house circa 1896.Got another indian in the front yard by the driveway at 4 in. 1906 and in great shape.Came up at 30-31.Then the silver merk at 3 in.Came in at 38.1960.What a great first hunt.Oh yea got some junk too!!1 wheatie 1944.Not bad.Then tonights hunt same house.

Started in the back yard,Got a great dog tag right off the bat Came in at 31. At .3 in. 1968.Then an old radiator steam valve,at 39. Thought it was a quarter.Then another indian head, 1891, Wow ! a couple wheaties 1944,1945 d,ONE DIME 1969. Called it a day after an hour and a half.Man I got the fever bad already.Supposed to be 48 tomm. can't wait to get out again.Also found a cool door handle plate. And a penny 1976 but its colored gold. A gold penny ? Tried some pics hope they work. HH

Dave,nice finds. Glad you got out and brought home some goodies. I think you meant a silver rosey, 1960, as Mercury dimes were produced only 1916 to 1945. Interesting Lincoln, that someone must've been bored and decided to kill some time and so defaced it..?..

Your right kschae4 I meant rosie.Found out you could buy these pennies in 1976 as souveniers.Now there out there for around 4 bucks.First gold penny I ever dug.

Yeah, most likely some sort of special Bicentennial penny...I found a gold plated Bicentennial JFK half a few years back and nearly messed myself...nice hunting there Dave!:clapping:
Mud