Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st decent Seated liberty, Old tokens and other finds

silversweeper

Has been a long time since I've posted anything on this site. I've not been able to detect as much as I would like (but then who does...lol) this past summer, and when I did get to go the finds were few and far in between. I did manage to find my first Seated Liberty dime in decent shape a while back though, some nice local dairy tokens and some assorted odds and ends. In a couple of my pictures is a broken piece of gold jewelry. Havn't tested it yet but I'm certain that it's gold, just don't know the karat. Found it in a Colonial era site. Am looking forward to the spring plowing so that I can search for the rest of it. I'm thinking that it might be part of a lady's hair piece, too thin to have been a ring or brooch. Definitely old. The dairy tokens came from a site that I sure had higher hopes for. Have dug several pounds of trash/iron from the yard now (including 2 old axes, a child's size sad-iron, parts off of farm equipment, and various harness/livestock related pieces) and NO silver! I keep hitting the area when I have time in the hopes of squeaking out at least one silver but so far nothing but trash and the tokens (have found 5 dairy tokens there so far, there was a dairy located on the site for many years). Not complaining about the tokens though, they're nice local pieces. The Cape Brewery good for 1 glass of beer token is actually a find that I'd forgotten about and located recently when I was moving some other stuff around. Glad to have found it....again.....lol. I found the first large cent I've dug in a long time the other day but the date is gone unfortunately, also a 1902 V nickel on that same hunt. Both coins came from a site that I've not found a coin on in a long, long time. Am swinging the 13 inch ultimate coil and digging the iffiest, faintest signals I have ever dug. Lots of empty holes but am also finding some mighty deep bullets and the two coins. Good thing there's not a lot of shallow signals in the ground here any more or I wouldn't be finding these.

Nice collection of finds. Cheers on the seated dime. Been a long while since I've turned up one of those.

Thanks for the post.

Rich

thanks for posting the pics. i know what you mean about not having enough time to detect.

Congrats! That's a nice looking seated!