Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Fresh Water Hunt with SP22(8.5") Coil

pine3874

Went to a beach at our local lake this morning to try out the new SP22 coil. I was VERY impressed with this coil especially compared to the 11" stock coil. I started out in chest deep water and worked my way to the shore. The coil produced very little drag underwater and was a pleasure to swing. Where this coil excels in comparison to the stock coil is its stability. I was able to run the SP22 with six bars sensitivity and it ran quite as a mouse,,,,absolutely no chatter at all. I was only able to run the stock coil with four bars sensitivity before it began to chatter too much. I felt that I was getting about the same depth as I was getting from the stock coil. If you are a fresh water hunter, I can highly recommend the new SP22 coil. I only use the Simplex for water hunting so can't comment on how the SP22 does in dirt hunting.

Exactly what I have found hunting on land with both new small coils. Full sensitivity, quiet, stable, no EMI encountered.
Wonderful coils.

Mine arrived yesterday. Hope to get out on land this wekend.

Went to a beach at our local lake this morning to try out the new SP22 coil. I was VERY impressed with this coil especially compared to the 11" stock coil. I started out in chest deep water and worked my way to the shore. The coil produced very little drag underwater and was a pleasure to swing. Where this coil excels in comparison to the stock coil is its stability. I was able to run the SP22 with six bars sensitivity and it ran quite as a mouse,,,,absolutely no chatter at all. I was only able to run the stock coil with four bars sensitivity before it began to chatter too much. I felt that I was getting about the same depth as I was getting from the stock coil. If you are a fresh water hunter, I can highly recommend the new SP22 coil. I only use the Simplex for water hunting so can't comment on how the SP22 does in dirt hunting.
I was running mine today on land and it would pick up everything in the ground but it was quiet like the mouse too.

I evaluated both of the mid-sized coils and opted for the 5X9½ DD which I felt was more comfortable. I keep it mounted full-time on my 2nd Simplex + and also find that it is very quiet even at full Sensitivity in most urban hunt sites. My original Simplex + has the stock 11" DD coil mounted for now, hoping we'll get a smaller-size Simplex + coil in the near future. It's needed for the very dense iron littere places I most enjoy hunting.

Monte