Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st gold of 2021, don’t blink or you’ll miss it..

bootyhoundpa

Did a short water hunt last week..could only hunt up to waist deep as I don’t have gloves made for ice cold water..managed this tiny 10k earring and nothing else worth posting..
3B7FD10A-2D36-4465-9502-DAA2414CB782.jpeg
C5BD1CFC-1410-47E3-875A-7A2A846070C1.jpeg

as I don’t have gloves made for ice cold water

Trapper's gauntlets. A good set can be gotten for somewhere between $25 to $35. I bought a new pair this fall. The ones I had for about five or six years had sprung leaks with much cracking along the fingers, so I deemed them beyond repair, even with Aquaseal. The full length ones go up to the shoulder and work well with waders to keep you dry and warm in the water. If you get a thin coating of ice on the water, break it up with the scoop and you can keep going.

Trapper's gauntlets. A good set can be gotten for somewhere between $25 to $35. I bought a new pair this fall. The ones I had for about five or six years had sprung leaks with much cracking along the fingers, so I deemed them beyond repair, even with Aquaseal. The full length ones go up to the shoulder and work well with waders to keep you dry and warm in the water. If you get a thin coating of ice on the water, break it up with the scoop and you can keep going.

Ahhh ... but be careful ... was just reading the following; don't know yet if this is someone I know or not:

Exactly! If it were me, all the flopping around of my hands in excitement would have warmed them up and back in I would’ve dove!!!!

Thanks TVR..I’ve heard of them but didn’t realize they were reasonably priced..I may need to get a pair...

Ahhh ... but be careful ... was just reading the following; don't know yet if this is someone I know or not:
When the teeth start chattering more than your machine it’s time to go home...

When the teeth start chattering more than your machine it’s time to go home...
Yes. We old codgers don't like to get cold so we tend to be fairly safe that way and notice the cold before the core temperature drops. It is how we ended up getting to be old. ;-)

Last edited:
That is a super find. To be so small is a good find in itself just to know that the nox is that sensitive.

Turns out it is someone I know. Supposed to be home in the next day or so. If he chooses to post about what happened and lessons learned, it may be on the Beach and Water forum.