Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st house on the road

Dave400

My buddy bought an old farm 17 acres He's says that is was the first house built on the road .He gave me perr. to hunt it.The first hunt was about 3 hours.Started with the usaual junk bottle caps,bullit casings tabs.Then i got to the side yard and that sweet silver sound. I was hunting in coin and jewery auto sens A 39 comes up at 5 in.And I see shiny ! A 1941 Washington.Oh yea ! Then a bunch of clad.So I go by the rear yard by some old looking steps.
There's that silver sound again. 4 in. down. A 1908 Barber dime.Then I get something a little different.I get a 36 at 3 in. When it comes out it's a silver top hat. About 1/2 in. long.And I know I've seen these before. It's the hat from a monopoly game.Cool ! I had a great time.Showed my buddy the finds and he was quite surprised.Can't wait to get back. I'll try to send some pics. Forgot to tell about my newest find. A 1873 indianhead penny.It's pretty corroded. Trying to cleann it. I'm soaking it in olive oil. Any tips ?

Great finds! I'll bet you get a bunch more from this site.

I bet that was fun! Nice finds. Try soaking the penny in some vinegar and baking soda overnight. Seems to work pretty good on all the pennies I find at the beach.

Vinegar (acid) in the same solution as baking soda (base) will be counteractive to each other, forming a salt solution. I suspect whats working on the corrosion is an excess of vinegar.

Very nice silver:thumbup: