Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st hunt on this set of days off and it was my best ever!

capt.

1st pic shows the 1st area I hunted today. An elementary school. I started with the 5 inch DD coil because I haven't used it in a while, having fallen in love with the big Nels coil. I found 10 quarters, 9 nickels, 13 dimes and 28 pennies. I also found a junk plated ring with a neat garnet looking stone with a diamond (or not) on either side of the main stone. I love to see rings come out of the ground even if they are not made of a precious metal. I took a short break and changed to the 11 inch DD and went back over the same area I had just hunted, cause I'm funny like that. I found 3 more quarters, 7 nickels, 8 dimes and 19 pennies and a 10K ring with 1 diamond and one missing. It is one of those rings that has another one that wraps around it. I only found the one but it wasn't from a lack of trying I can tell you that. Needless to say this put me in a good mood. Not long after switching to the big coil, a group of kids came over and started asking questions and since they were genuinely interested I took some time and explained how the detectors work and pulled the head phone plug out so they could hear the different tones and such. They were fascinated by it all and we did this for about 45 min at which time I left to go to another school which is a jr. high school.

2nd pic was a small spill, 4 pennies in one hole. I also found 2 quarters in one hole and that made those kids really excited.

3rd pic is of the 3 rings I found today. I tell you guys I don't understand why I am finding so many rings. 13 so far this year. 2 gold, 6 silver and 5 junk (not a precious metal) I am amazed by this but very happy also. All of them were found either in parks or in relatives yards. I have a relatively slow swing and I overlap a lot, and dig all stable targets above iron. The rings at the elementary school are not kids rings. They almost fit me. I hope that when I get the chance to start doing the water detecting that the number will climb even higher still!

4th pic....10k baby! Better than nothing...

I went to the middle school at 2:30 and started hunting around what I think is an older section of buildings based on some word of mouth research. I found a 1944 wheat cent in decent shape.(5th pic) The second find was a dime and my third ring of the day side by side. I thought it was silver but it is just another plated ring... but I like it anyway.

The last picture shows the total take for the day. 22 quarters, 21 nickels, 31 dimes, 30 copper and 29 zinc pennies, totaling $10.24. 3 rings, a brass belt buckle, .38 caliber bullet,and 2 small kids fake jewelry dohickeys. Put in 8 hours today including drive time and a stop at Sonic for a coke. Got the sunburn to prove it.

The Gamma was on fire today with a GB of 62, Disc@16 and sens@94 at the first site and GB@71 at the second site. Also, anyone contemplating getting a Garrett Propointer, you won't regret it. It is a little expensive at the outset, but You will bet glad you saved your pennies to get it once you have used it. I could not be happier with mine. Thanks for looking guys. Take care and Happy Hunting!!

Capt.

Holy Mackerel.....must be the Pro Pinpointer:garrett:
Capt, what a great way to start shore leave. Do try to leave something for future generations of detectorists.....on second thought....don't:)

Wow ! nice Capt, !!!!!

A good day of digging capt. 6 silver rings so far at the price of silver isn't too bad. You are going to get your share of gold digging all repeatable readings above iron, believe me! HH jim tn

HOLY CRAP ! ! !
that is awesome bunch of stuff who cares why you are finding more rings as long as they keep popping up nice haul .:thumbup:

terrific coin count and congrats on all the rings. HH Jimmie

pulltab said:
good hunt! You'll feel that in the thighs today:stretcher:

More than I want to admit! Must be getting old man, I am moving a bit slow today. Dadgum thighs ARE sore! Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them.

Capt.

ya my legs kill me some times but i dont let that stop me lol i love detecing to much to stop chicks dig scars pain will go away but the memories of a good find will last forever lol

TerraDigger said:
Capt's new hunting buddy is...........BenGay:)

That's funny right there...I'm planning on going out tomorrow, the 12th, and hit another park or two. May have to buy a tube.

Capt.