Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st hunt with the 13" Ultimate...

Hopskippy

I got to go out today with the new 13" Ultimate coil. The IDs were spot on! It runs smoother than the stock coil and I can run manual Sens higher.
I'm very pleased with this coil!

I found 3 silvers today, but no silver coins or wheats

Broke my 13"'s maiden today myself and had much the same experience but I'm not sure what you mean by "smooth". I noticed my rec. sens was about 4 points higher than the Pro coil and could run above 26 without too much chatter pretty easily. Don't fool your self into thinking the couple of ounces of additional weight aren't going to make themselves felt after abut 3 hours. When I switched to the 6x8 SEF had to actually back off the sens alittle. Nice coil which is going to get a lot of use

sprchng said:
Broke my 13"'s maiden today myself and had much the same experience but I'm not sure what you mean by "smooth". I noticed my rec. sens was about 4 points higher than the Pro coil and could run above 26 without too much chatter pretty easily. Don't fool your self into thinking the couple of ounces of additional weight aren't going to make themselves felt after abut 3 hours. When I switched to the 6x8 SEF had to actually back off the sens alittle. Nice coil which is going to get a lot of use
By smooth I mean, to me it seemed the numbers were not as jumpy as the stock coil and it locks on better, pinpoints right on and it run in auto sens as high as 27 with +3, where I hunted today. I hunted for 3 1/2 hours, thats about as long as I can go due to leg and hip problems. I actually was not bothered by the extra weight at all.
I also like to use my 8"x6" coil when I'm in trashier areas and I agree that its pretty close to the depth of the stock coil. :minelab: