Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st MERC DIME at the depresion shack

kaolinwasher

I have been praying to God for just one silver coin, and He heard my prayor today . I went to the depression shack actally it was a sawmill but i have been hunting this spot for over 10 years now and have never found one silver coin , I have found Indian pennys chines coins and wheats but today just off the old platforme next to the river in the mudd on the bank of the river i got a hit that i figured was another old shot shell but i dug around it just in case and when i was that shiny white i was just amazed a 1923 merc found on april 23 weard so God answered my prayor . I am very pleased with this find . I also found an old pocket knife and some big chunk of a cast iron stove

Attachments

• 20200423_083424.jpg
    20200423_083424.jpg
    883.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20200423_083430.jpg
    20200423_083430.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20200423_083516.jpg
    20200423_083516.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 20200423_083859.jpg
    20200423_083859.jpg
    875.3 KB · Views: 174
Very nice Gunnar!! Congratulations on the merc dime!!! Did I ever tell you that I love Mercury dimes? :ROFLMAO: Hit more of that river bank!!

PTL, great job. I love seeing that color in a hole !!

Very nice Gunnar!! Congratulations on the merc dime!!! Did I ever tell you that I love Mercury dimes? :ROFLMAO: Hit more of that river bank!!
its actally an old saw mill , ya when the 600 comes in i will give it a try

Nice find!!!
Your persistence finally paid off with some silver too.
Sounds like a very good site based on what you have found in the past and today.
When you get the Equinox, by all means pound all areas again with it... I believe you will be surprised and pleased at what else you find there!
Keep us posted on your future hunts there.

I have been praying to God for just one silver coin, and He heard my prayor today . I went to the depression shack actally it was a sawmill but i have been hunting this spot for over 10 years now and have never found one silver coin , I have found Indian pennys chines coins and wheats but today just off the old platforme next to the river in the mudd on the bank of the river i got a hit that i figured was another old shot shell but i dug around it just in case and when i was that shiny white i was just amazed a 1923 merc found on april 23 weard so God answered my prayor . I am very pleased with this find . I also found an old pocket knife and some big chunk of a cast iron stove
Isn't God good--Answered your prayer with the Silver having the same date as when minted & dug? Congrats! Ma Betty

Nice find always hunt the river banks ,
Mark

I have been praying to God for just one silver coin, and He heard my prayer today. I went to the depression shack actually it was a sawmill but I have been hunting this spot for over 10 years now and have never found one silver coin, I have found Indian pennies, Chinese coins, and Wheaties, but today just off the old platform next to the river in the mud on the bank of the river, I got a hit that I figured was another old shotshell, but I dug around it just in case and when I was that shiny white. I was just amazed, a 1923 merc found on April 23. Weird, so God answered my prayer. I am very pleased with this find. I also found an old pocket knife and some big chunk of a cast-iron stove
Congrats on your first silver. Mercs are beautiful coins.

Quite a adventure. Ten years that coin felt you scratching around there. Waiting, waiting, than when it all comes together, up you pried him. Bet Ole Merk could have used a pair of sunglasses. What are you going to do with him?

Quite a adventure. Ten years that coin felt you scratching around there. Waiting, waiting, than when it all comes together, up you pried him. Bet Ole Merk could have used a pair of sunglasses. What are you going to do with him?
I will keep the cone for testing