Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st oldie of the year, a key date:crazy:

Simpsonslammer

I obtained permission to hunt a field where a one room country school house once stood. The rains finally quit long enough for me to go check it out. I was a little disappointed when I pulled up and saw it was planted in alfalfa that was 8'' to 10'', It was tuff swinging but I got that unmistakable nickel grunt , dug down and saw the holy grail of V nickels. 1885!! It was the only coin I found. Below is a pic of the school taken about 1917-1920

S.S.....that is an awesome coin find!! I'm a little envious of those living in more historic locations/States because here in SoCal, there are just a few places that stretch back in time and particulary open fields like you have that are detectable. There are old stagecoach stops in the desert (now protected sites) /Chinese mining camps in the San Gabriel mountains (which was made a 'State park' during the last administration:confused: and you'll be looking at a very stiff fine if found detecting:ban:. Generally, anything with history is strictly verboten to detect and is protected by the State/BLM. In spite of all the restrictions, it doesn't stop me from seeking new ground to detect though!! Congrat's:thumbup:

Love the old school house pic and great find !