Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st real hunt with the 800.. pics and question...

martygene

I've had my 800 for a while but due to medical issues it's been taunting me in the corner. Anyway, I hit 2 farmer fields yesterday. I used the field 2 program and did not make any changes so that i could see what it does. At 1st field it was rough plowed but i found the 2 pickers tokens, the lead bag seal, 2 flat buttons and the 1865 IH. At field 2 I found the Largie, I THINK it's 1854 but not sure, a IH, the curtain weight. It mostly ran pretty smoothly with not a lot of chatter. The biggest problem that I had is that it loved iron. I got clean signals at various target ID's that were iron from small nails to large bolts. I am used to hearing at least some iron grunting along with a good signal but here I didn't hear any sound of iron at all. How do you make it so that it sounds off to iron? The iron disc on field 2 is around +2 or so but when i hear a clean 18 and it turns out to be iron it is a little mystifying.

Turn iron bias up to 1 or 2 it's set factory at 0 in field 2.sounds like falsing? No grunt at all? Every detector false on flat iron that I've had which are only a couple but my nox grunts on iron or falses a good signal like your sayin

n/t

Joedaddy276 said:
Turn iron bias up to 1 or 2 it's set factory at 0 in field 2.sounds like falsing? No grunt at all? Every detector false on flat iron that I've had which are only a couple but my nox grunts on iron or falses a good signal like your sayin

Good post about the iron bias this won't kill all the falsing as to not hearing the iron you can switch to all metal button . When ever you suspect a target then you will hear all the tones in your pattern but nothing is disc out and any iron bias hiding the iron signal will be heard in all metal just a quick button push . sube

sube nailed it --

Push the horseshoe button, which is essentially a "toggle switch" to turn discrimination on and off. I prefer to hunt with disc. toggled off almost all the time, as I like to "hear the iron," and the iron tones on this machine are "pleasant" to my ears, and non-obtrusive (AND -- you can lower the volume on the iron tones as well, if you like; that's one of the customization settings available on the 800) BUT -- if you don't want to hunt with no disc. all the time, but just to give an "iron check," you can simply press the horseshoe button and toggle your disc. off, and then sweep the suspected target...

Iron bias is the adjustment to where you can adjust how the machine responds to a "mixed-tone" target (i.e. either a mixed iron tone and "falsing" high tones, OR co-located iron tones and a non-ferrous high tone). The lower the bias, the more of the high tones the machine will report; the higher the bias, the more the machine tends to report a "mixed signal" as iron tones...

Steve

Also step to the side and sweep it again. This helps to identify the iron.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2446681

They seem to have done something with WRAP AROUND on this machine. On a lot of machine...... to much sensitivity and youd get that high tone in that very upper range and it might fall at the last one or two digits. Thats seems to have shifted to me......was it because of gold targets? It does seem to like the iron halo/bleeding in the 15 to 18 range. Id think it is much more frustrating for you dirt diggers than us beach guys.

thanks halfstep... i did so the 90 degree turn and most iron targets still sounded good. But this article helps and will give me more to try as well as trying some iron bias.