Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st ring recovery dive of the year

rc2125

Got a call about a lost Mason's ring at a yacht club in 10ft of water. The guy was securing his pontoon to the dock and the ring slipped off onto the abyss. It had been worn for the last 40 years, and he planned to hand it down to his son when the time came.

Made the arrangements, grabbed the gear out of storage and got to it.
Things were lookin bad right from the get go, really really choppy conditions up top, and then who would have thought there would have been hundreds of unfired 22 and 357 rounds scattered everywhere under this boat slip.
After I got tired of stuffing my wetsuit with the rounds, I was about to call it and arrange another trip, but decided to try just a little longer... Good thing, literally on my last swing of the pinpointer I got the ring. Joe the Mason was a happy camper!

5D7791A7-B760-4CDD-B418-7E1231514A15-198-00000017AEA9C147.jpg

Good hunt. What pinpointer did you use?

Fantastic ring return! Particularly with all the other targets in the water!!

Great success! Well done, especially in tough conditions. 40 years is a long time to wear a ring and then lose it. You saved the day :)

Nice recovery and congrats on the return.