Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Time with my E-Trac

JMT Detectors

I took my E-Trac out for the first time today and was impressed. I didn't find anything old but found several coins. I found a key, six pennies, 2 dimes and a quarter. I even found a nail in a hole and thought surely that wasn't it. Took the nail out and checked and it was a very small snap button off of clothes. It was fairly deep. Only had about 45 minutes of hunting and it was using the default coin program. The park I took it to has been hunted to death in the last 30 years. It was fun to use and look forward to using it again.

Great post but taking a new machine to a park (target rich environment) may be the worst way to learn a new machine.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Great post but taking a new machine to a park (target rich environment) may be the worst way to learn a new machine.

I was wondering if I was going to get hit with too many targets at once. I knew I was short on time so I tried to limit what I dug. I found pulltabs, aluminum screw caps, and a shotgun shell case.

With a little practice, you will get where you will dig fewer pulltabs and can slaw. Watch you numbers, if they jump around as you circle the target, then they will most likly be junk. Make notes of what the VDI numbers are doing. Listen for any nulls in the threshold. You will soon see a pattern for junk targets. Then try guessing what you think the target will be. go ahead and dig all possible targets and before you know it
you will be getting the good stuff and leaving the bad. If I go to a new site, I will only dig the best signals, then I will return and try to pick out the iffy ones. That is when you start to get the really good stuff that others have missed.

Tom in SC

Try a soccer field. I have found them far less trashy than public parks and you will still hit good stuff.

Thanks for the tips and info. I just hope the weather up here in Illinois gives us a few more hunting days. It's supposed to be down to 20 degrees out tonight. I'm about like a kid with a new toy...Hah! I may just have to dress warmer as long as the ground doesn't freeze.