Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2.5 hour hunt at the drive-in

shooter

ROW 1, car position 1-4, 5" coil,FAmode, 99 sen 65 disc 3 tone, this was the last hunt for the season, freezing up in Jersey. Got my 3x5 football coil i'll start up in the spring. not one coin.

Shooter, that looks like a lot of digging. That drive in theater is a strange place. Looks like winter is going to be around here in wva for awhile, that will give us some rest and then we'll hit it again when the weather breaks. PS ( hate those pull tabs)!

Regardless of the coins found, that is a ton of digging. Incomprehensible to not recover one coin. Dang, a couple should have turned up along with a piece of dug trash???? HH jim tn

Now that is a lot of trash, but if you king of think about being at a drive-in, what goes on there? For the most part people set in their cars watch the movie, eat junk food and throw the trash out the window. So if you think about it why would there be a lot of coins in the parking section. Maybe rethink the money trail and there may be lines where more money than trash. Think about walk lines to and from the popcorn stand. Some drive-ins had a play area up front for the kids.

Just something to think about.

Ron in WV

Ron, you are right about the money trails, but night after night the guys are getting in and out of their autos for one reason or another and a coin here and there would get dropped. ????????? HH jim tn

It's surprising there weren't any coins hiding under that many tabs.
Then again , maybe there has been someone through there who knew how to use their etrac.

Sometimes cleaning out the trash exposes the coins signal better. Eliminates the masking

Lots there to think and re-think about....then think about strategy for next time you go there. All the best & HH. Pete

thats where I've been getting all the silver coins was in the play area.

Just a thought, seems that you have a hump where the cars park to give them a little angle up to see the screen. I thing the humps would be more trashy than the valley's, which I think would be more the walk area and fishing in the pockets for change.

Ron in WV

O My, If I had dug that many relic's in one day I would frame that pic with the caption " It should be better the next time" Hunting that drive-in would be personal challenge . May run the disc 1-5 and maybe 5 to 8 ft.back from the highest part of the hump. It will get better.------after1-

That pic was the areaback of the drivers door where you would get out

I would get a portable sifter and get after it for an hour or two. Less work and at least you will know if you're just wasting your time or not.

good idea but can't do big holes the drive-in still open, i know there's a lot of silver there, but is it going be worth the digging.

shooter said:
good idea but can't do big holes the drive-in still open, i know there's a lot of silver there, but is it going be worth the digging.

Good grief , that's amazing!!!!!
I didn't think was still a functioning drive-in in the entire country. There hasn't been one around here for 35 years or more!