Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Barbers and an Indian Head today...

roseon3rd

I am continually amazed at this hobby and how it works sometimes. I was out on a relic hunt today and as luck would have it walked up on what appeared to be an old home site. I figure it was once a home site because there was a rock wall, evidence of an old driveway and plenty of what could have been foundation rock. But I also started getting plenty of iron signals and dug a few deep nails that were disguising themselves as higher tone targets. I was with a couple of my more experienced detecting friends and we were in an area where I had found some rev war relics. Earlier in the day one of them had found a nice musket ball. I was using my F75 and hit a signal that was coming in around 72 then 82 and up to 86, 87. I had one of my buddies check the target with his machine and we agreed it was possibly a coin signal. So I dug it thinking it would be a clad dime or something similar. Low and behold it was a 1909 Barber Dime! OMG! Yes I was stoked to say the least! I covered the hole back up and stood up and swung the coil in the same general area and son of a gun I was getting another coin signal! Keep in mind that we were in the middle of no-where way, way back in the woods! Ok, I dug the signal and dang if it wasn

Great finds! But, there is something else you could ask for..........learn to swing that hole again before you cover it up, it will often save you some effort. <g> Post back with some pics and a date on that IH when you get her cleaned up.

Fantastic silver and relics.
Glad for you.

Relics and silver, doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations. HH - Randy

Really nice digs. I think a goodly number of those multi coin/junk hits get passed up, as I find quite a few multi coins or co-located junk items in clods or still in the hole on hunted hard spots. Nice ones!:thumbup:HH jim tn

Good going. Back in its day that place wasnt so out in no-where. Barber dimes and IH's are some of my favorites. BOL

I think there is lots more good stuff there.........WTG......HH...........Dan

:thumbup:

Love pocket spills.

Rich

I agree good finds, hope you have that spot marked, I would hit it again.

Ron in WV

SSSWWWEEETTT...........hh rick in mi.

Thanks for viewing and kind comments everyone.

I finally got around to cleaning the indian Head and found out it is a 1901! Yahoo! Check out the dark green patina on that rascal.

I was also able to clean the wheat cent and it is a 1910. I'll take 'em.

HH

Curt

Really nice finds, Curt.