Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 broken detectors!

usafaviator

I finally have slowed down enough to get back swinging again, and I'm in a bit of a pickle. I took my MXT Pro out to a local park, and wasn't even detecting for 5 minutes when the mode toggle switch spun around in it's rubber boot and disappeared....all that remains is an empty rubber toggle switch cover attached to the machine! So, sent it off to Whites in Sweet Home a few days ago.
So, today was nice (50 degrees) and I decided to take my backup machine (Titan 2000XD) to another park. This machine was brand new, never used. I went to power it up and it would freeze on the start up screen. I was able to get it working well enough (after several restarts) to get about 15 minutes worth of detecting from it until it froze up for good! I bought both machine new from KellyCo about 6-7 months ago, and they are both broken. What are the odds? I contacted KellyCo and received the same (sub par) customer service that I received from them when I ordered the machines in the first place...but that is a different story for a different thread.
I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the Titan for the short period of time it operated. I found 2.75 in clad and a broken watch. Is it as good as my MXT Pro? Not even close. Is it a good backup detector? When it works, yes. One thing that I did like is the light weight...sure wish Whites would make a detector as light as the Titan, but it is obvious that a high quality, durable machine will weigh a bit more.
Now I have to play the waiting game...no MD'ing for me until one of the two are fixed. Hope everybody is able to get out and enjoy the nice weather affecting most of the country.

HH

Shawn

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but for others if it happens to them, the toggle fix or replacement is a pretty easy without sending it back. The display pod will separate after messing with the latches in the corners exposing the switch which can be screwed back into the rubber boot/nut. In a worst case scenario where the switch needs replaced, it just unplugs and a replacement can be purchased from White's service for $7.95 if not for free under warranty.

[attachment 219735 switch.jpg]

Larry,
Thanks for the info. I didn't want to do anything that would void the warranty, thus my sending it in just to be safe. At least I now know how to fix it if it happens again in the future and the machine is out of warranty. Thanks again!

v/r

Shawn

A simple fix wouldn't void the warranty. Either the switch mounting nut came loose or the bracket that holds the switch was loose. Either could be fixed by simply sliding the rubber boot off and pulling the switch out.

- Carl

Whites replaced the switch and calibrated/tested my Pro. Should have it back on Tuesday :yo: They guaranteed me that I would find 100's of gold and silver coins now (just kidding).

usafaviator said:
. One thing that I did like is the light weight...sure wish Whites would make a detector as light as the Titan, but it is obvious that a high quality, durable machine will weigh a bit more.

They do, Prizms :)