Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 facts I know about the CTX-3030!

If you look real close, there might also be a cam lock right under the hand grip.If it is then you'll be able to adjust the battery back further from the hand grip, allowing a lighter front end.Or maybe I'm just wishing I see a cam lock there :)

I find it amazing how we already have CTX 3030 experts! Already knocking a machine that only a very select few have seen; let alone had in the field. All this wild @$# guessing is pointless till we atleast see detailed specs. It is hard to even intelligently speculate. :rant:. As for the weight, well balanced, will make the difference. I say if you cannot handle the weight! Then, keep swinging what you have or hit the gym; last option " get a comfy chair and a coffee pot and have at it". What I know is this, I have owned Garretts and Minelabs and both make good machines. I currently have an AT Pro but, hunt mostly with my Minelab SE with an SEF coil and an x1 probe. I have to say this, those upgrades have my SE running hotter and it is producing better than ever. However, my hunting buddy has an Etrac and I have seen it beat my SE more than once. Before you say anything, I have read the words off the paper of Andy's book and I have tweaked and run countless settings on my SE. It is set up as good as it gets. The bottom line is the Etrac costs so much more than the SE for a reason. I was considering an upgrade to the Etrac but, I have already pre-ordered my CTX 3030 cause I have faith in Minelab. To the best of my knowledge Minelab has never released a bad machine let alone a high end piece of junk. They always produce quailty machines with tons of research and testing. Yes, there will be bugs but, is any new piece of tech ever problem free? Final thought, if none of us are brave enough to take the leap and we all remain " economically neutered" all we will have is a bunch more " arm chair expert opinions" ( we all know what they say about opinions). I say let's get these machines out in the feild and let them prove their place in the food chain :starwars: with real true reviews of the pros and cons.

Bromly said:
If the weight is balanced properly, you can swing a 6lbs detector all day. I added 10oz of lead to my E-trac the first day I got it.I put it 9" behind the arm cuff.Now you can swing it for many hours with no problems at all. Wife and I just finished a 36hr hunt on the outer banks with only 4 0r 5 20 min breaks.My G2 is more tiring to swing then my E-trac do to the improper balance.It's all physics my friends ;)

How exactly did you add this weight? How about a picture showing it?

I think NEw minelab is not balanced well, but its better when Etrac and Explorer, better shaft, handle, but not balanced well enough , weight its very very big problem for any tool except power hamers.But maybe in menu CTX have this option? By looking mans hand in second picture confirms this, but yes its big coil. http://www.minelab.com/emea/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-full-details-released