Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 GREAT days for silver!

INVASCdigger

I headed to one of my favorite spots yesterday and today, and really got into some nice silver coins. I haven't dug a Walking Liberty Half Dollar in quite a while, but to find 2 of them on back t back days was pretty exciting! I had to use baking soda on the 1959 and 1964 quarters. They were blackened from the soil conditions where they were dug and would have been unreadable. I found a number of wheat back pennies, too. A strange thing about many of the coins that come out of the area where I'm detecting is that about 1 in 5 coins have nicks in them, as though they were hit by a lawn mower. You can see what I'm talking about on the 1964 quarter and 1963 Roosevelt Dime. No.....I'm not hitting them with my digging tool. The nicks and scratches are old. I'm not complaining, though! The Catholic Saint medallion reads "Regina Sine Labe Originali Concepta O.R.N. and the date at the bottom when she was Sainted is 1830. I'll give you one guess where I'm headed tomorrow!

Sounds like you have a great place to hunt! Nice silver!

[size=large]I forgot to mention that one of the half dollars was right next to some rusty iron, but the excellent separation with the DD coil allowed me to hear it. I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy an AT Pro. It's the best machine that I've ever owned, and I've owned many different brands and models throughout my 33 years of detecting![/size]

Great hunts! I know where I'd be heading after that haul!

Hey, so I was wondering, did you get anything for the catholic medallion - Regina Sine Labe Originali Concepta O.R.N.? Can you tell me how much? I have a similar one, it is yellow, so i guess it might be gold.

Congrats! That's a nice haul of silver, relish sites that produce like that. The ATPro is a favorite of mine, hot on coins and easy to enjoy.
HH - Bruce

Wow ! Now these are the digs that get me through winter. Congrats. :thumbup: