Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Halves make A Whole

Went out today as I am sure most people did & I was pleasantly surprised. I hit a chiropractors building on a road where houses were built in the 1800's, this building was 20 years old so who knew what was there back then. This site was obviously not searched because the seated half dime was at 4 inches as that was my first coin found. I actually turned my detector on, took 3 steps & whamo, silver pops out.

The liberty cap Half Dime was at 8 1/2 to 9 inches deep, & the signal was bouncing around, so once in a while, a 12-41 rang, but there were numbers all over the place. I just listened for a repeatable sound but I didn't get that every time. Was using auto +3, switched to manual at 27 and the signal came in about the same with more chatter, still bouncing around. When pin pointing, the size was small & sounded round & the target trace showed a coin size object. I have been reading Andy Sabisch's book yesterday on the CTX which played a part in my settings.

I agree,that is NOT something that is done very often,finding 2 coins of that quality in the same day,not to mention the same year or even lifetime. Exceptional plus some...VERY well done!

Wow, awesome Don, well done!