Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 the same :lmfao:

amberjack

don't usually post up my finds but thought this was strange, 2 coins same date out of the same hole 100 years old, pretty kool.

combined mode, open screen, FEC, deep on fast off, auto+3 hit at 43-44

about 6" deep.

and no there not rare but sure was a nice little surprise :biggrin:

plus I owed minelab a free ad for looking after me.

AJ

004_1.jpg

thanks trojdor

bit info on these they are Australian shillings, .925 silver, 1mm smaller than a US quarter , well this pretty much explains it http://www.allcoinvalues.com/australian-coins-and-notes/1916-australian-shilling-value.html

really like our old silver coins with the coat of arms the kangaroo & emu you know neither animal can take a backwards step , the Advance Australia banner they are sweet coins they changed in 1946 to 50% silver and then gone in 1965 the design changed also when they made the change too 50% silver, so the old one being pre WW2 are well hard to find and grabbing 2 of these in one hole it just doesn't happen to often.

Australia was only very small in population before WW2 so when these coins were minted there were 4.9 million people in Australia one of my 2 great great uncles were killed in WWI in 1916 other in 1918 so like your US old coins they have a story and are not just round silver disc's they do take on a life of their own and well I wasn't even hunting old coins but just couldn't knock back the signal.

thanks for reading and a little history lesson about our humble little/ big country.

AJ