Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2012 total Finds - Silver coins, jewelry, and some other odds and ends

Cutaplug

Here are my 2012 finds with some pics and video. Ended up with 211 silver coins this year. Happy New Year everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8cHauXkXg

Wow! You had a great year!

I hope this year is as good for you too!

OK..... I just drooled all over my laptop! Darn it! Nice, nice work last year. I have just gotten back into MDing from 20 years ago (as of this Christmas!). Where are doing most of your hunting? and how do you do most of your research? Thanks, River

Tenspeed said:
Wow! You had a great year!

I hope this year is as good for you too!

Thank Tenspeed =) Best wishes to you for 2013 as well!

blanerings said:
OK..... I just drooled all over my laptop! Darn it! Nice, nice work last year. I have just gotten back into MDing from 20 years ago (as of this Christmas!). Where are doing most of your hunting? and how do you do most of your research? Thanks, River

Congrats on getting back into MDing! I hunt many different sites equally such as parks, churches, private property, and sidewalks... As far as research stuff like old maps, local history books, and talking to people.

Super great yr of detecting! I love the way everyone has adopted my style of picture where you pile up all the silver! It just looks so cool!

Goes4ever said:
Super great yr of detecting! I love the way everyone has adopted my style of picture where you pile up all the silver! It just looks so cool!

Indeed a big pile of silver is a wonderful sight, much less boring than plastic coin tubes =)

Great finds! That is truly an amazing year...

n/t

What an Awesome year you had! You made some great finds! That Bust Half Dime is Incredible! I hope 2013 is even better to you, Congrats!

Congratulations on that big pile of silver you had a really good year and your videos are awesome, hope next year is 10 times better again nice job:cheers:

Congratulations on a fantastic year you had!:clapping: I really enjoy your full dig video,s and you taking the time explaining and showing the No.s on your etrac (a great learning tool). Although I,ve found about a fourth of what you have since I got my etrac a year ago Dec. I truly enjoy hunting with it and I think it cant be beat!
Again thanks for the video,s and picks! Happy Hunting this New Year!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! The e-trac is truly an amazing machine. There's always the debate as to the "best" machine out there and I can't imagine anything else doing better...

Very impressive!!! Any idea how many hours of detecting that represents??

Idaho PRB said:
Very impressive!!! Any idea how many hours of detecting that represents??

Thanks! I have a MS Access database and log all my finds, estimated hours, and hunt locations... My total hours hunting was about 450-500 hours for the year. That averages out to be about 8-12 hours per week every week. I would usually go out about 3 times a week and hunt 3-4 hours per hunt. A few more statistics:

Number of days where I got 3 or more silver pieces in a day (this includes silver jewelry): 38
Number of days where I got 5 or more silvers: 16