Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2020 new series?

tommass

Has Minelab made any changes on 2020 Nox 800 units compared to 2018 units? I see there are complaints about ears on coils that could be stronger and water leaking into unit. I hope to be getting mine soon. I have used a DFX since 2002. I found a lot of stuff with it but it pales in comparison with the Nox 800

Havent heard of any changes. As fr as the coil ers go - yeah, they're thn and weak. Do NOT tighten your coil bolt very tight as it bends the ears in and stresses them. Bang your coil against a rock, tree, stubble; whatever, and you could crack an ear. Tighten the bolt just enough so that the coil is not floppy when you raise it off the ground. You want just enough tension to hold it in position. That said, there are many people selling ear stiffeners. Its basically a 3d printed frame that fits around the ears and keeps the ears from being bent inward. About $15 for one, or $25 for a set of three. Or go to thingiverse and do a search for Equinox and find the 3d printing code yourself (its free code) Take to your local library and 3d print yourself if they have printers you can use.