Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2023 Finds - Wishing You all the Best for 2024

Well, figure I'd post my best stuff for 2023, my second year detecting and wish you all the best for 2024!. Not a great haul compared to most of you, but I worked for it and had so much fun finding it. This past year did give me some personal firsts though; flat buttons, civil war tokens, 3 large cents (gave an 1831 away to the homeowner, more on that) and my bestie - Union Breast Plate. A small amount of 16 silvers, solid silver spoon, old 1901 dog tag (sold it), 5 buffalos, 4 IHPs, including my first fatty, 80 Wheaties (yup I dig all pennies), 4 rings, (no solid gold, and a GINORMOUS bronze centennial medal from our local city, it would've rang up into the 50s had my 800 nox gone that high, lol, what a honker. Most thankful for the good experiences all round this year, meeting so many nice property owners, excitement when good finds pop up, smiles when giving them things they wanted, kids gathering around in local park after school helping dig and find stuff running home to show the finds. Finally, like meeting good folks like this gentleman farmer (below) who owned a centennial farm his ancestor settled and hearing his family stories. He was so skeptical I'd even find anything, then jaw dropped when I placed an 1831 Largie in his hand an hour later, him asking..."what's ya gonna do with that?" and seeing a beaming smile when I said .... "think your great, great granddaddy probably wants you to have it since he probably dropped it", pointing to the front yard where it was lost so long ago. Gave him a few nice old items with him saying his kids will appreciate them after he's gone and having a connection with their ancestors who lived there so long ago, me saying, I really appreciated him taking care and pride in the history of his old centennial farm, saving his family history. To me, people like these are my best finds this year!

Attachments

• 2023Total.jpeg
    2023Total.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
  • 1831LareCent-DorrFarm-2023.jpeg
    1831LareCent-DorrFarm-2023.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
You had a great year and many great finds too!!
That breast plate is beautiful!!👍👍
You have items that are still on others bucket list… including me!😂
Nice gesture in giving the coin to that landowner.
I wish you well on more great finds this year too!!

I couldn't agree more with your outlook, people can be the greatest treasure! Oh, by the way the breast plate has been my white whale even after 50 plus years of detecting!
HH Jeff

Nice finds!... 16 silvers from your second year is great. That shows you're hitting the right spots. The flat buttons are a great indication that you're onto some very old sites that may have early silver. Good luck in 2024.

Well, figure I'd post my best stuff for 2023, my second year detecting and wish you all the best for 2024!. Not a great haul compared to most of you, but I worked for it and had so much fun finding it. This past year did give me some personal firsts though; flat buttons, civil war tokens, 3 large cents (gave an 1831 away to the homeowner, more on that) and my bestie - Union Breast Plate. A small amount of 16 silvers, solid silver spoon, old 1901 dog tag (sold it), 5 buffalos, 4 IHPs, including my first fatty, 80 Wheaties (yup I dig all pennies), 4 rings, (no solid gold, and a GINORMOUS bronze centennial medal from our local city, it would've rang up into the 50s had my 800 nox gone that high, lol, what a honker. Most thankful for the good experiences all round this year, meeting so many nice property owners, excitement when good finds pop up, smiles when giving them things they wanted, kids gathering around in local park after school helping dig and find stuff running home to show the finds. Finally, like meeting good folks like this gentleman farmer (below) who owned a centennial farm his ancestor settled and hearing his family stories. He was so skeptical I'd even find anything, then jaw dropped when I placed an 1831 Largie in his hand an hour later, him asking..."what's ya gonna do with that?" and seeing a beaming smile when I said .... "think your great, great granddaddy probably wants you to have it since he probably dropped it", pointing to the front yard where it was lost so long ago. Gave him a few nice old items with him saying his kids will appreciate them after he's gone and having a connection with their ancestors who lived there so long ago, me saying, I really appreciated him taking care and pride in the history of his old centennial farm, saving his family history. To me, people like these are my best finds this year!
Great finds and a good year for you. Best to you swinging in 24, thanks for sharing.