Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

26 Silver Day Door Knocking!

Cutaplug

JD from JD's Variety Channel and I went out for some door knocking last week and hit 26 silvers in one day. It was pretty insane and something I'll never forget lol. Just proves that the hobby is still well alive if people will get out and knock some doors =)

[video]https://youtu.be/TFGbWsRS0i0[/video]

WOW!! what a day, I have dreams of days like that. Thanks for Sharing.

Randy

Saw the video. FUN!!! I enjoy watching the "cutaplug" clips.

That's very nice work Cutaplug.
I'm still trying to find the corrage to do the door knock thing here in California .

WOW! What a haul and a great video! :cheers: You had me smiling because it brought back memories of times when I've come across spots that just keep giving and you don't want to leave. What a great day of detecting. Makes me want to get out and detect. Thanks for sharing:twodetecting:.

Me and you both Spitfire! I've been driving around Los Angeles and have come across an area where they are remodeling some older homes. At one home they have the front yard scraped. I parked across the street and couldn't get myself out of the car to ask for permission. House had to be from the 1930's. After seeing this haul I just might head back over there:detecting:

Cutaplug,
Congrats on your great finds and great initiative to walk around knicking on strangers doors. Thus far, i have been reluctant to knock on doors. Not sure if it is a matter of courage, etc.
would you mind sharing what you say to the homeowners? Do you carry your detector gear with you when you speak with them? Do you make any promises of sharing your finds? Any help would be appreciated.
Happy Hunting
Chuck

Thanks again everyone =)

@Chuck, Randy, and Spitfire, and anyone else that's nervous about knocking -

I took a break from detecting for about a year and then when I went to knock my first door again I was SUPER nervous, even though I had done it 100's of times before. It's normal to be reluctant but after you knock a few the nervousness goes away and it's like no big deal. After a day or two of knocking again I had my courage back.

You have to understand that there are a lot of nice people out there and a lot of people say yes and even find it interesting. JD and I went out the other day and got a yes on 9 out of the 10 houses we knocked that day. So instead of thinking that most people will think you're weird and say no, just go into it knowing that many people are perfectly fine with it and could care less. You're finding things that would otherwise be lost to history and if you cut your plugs properly you are doing no harm at all. If I found a cache of gold coins or got rich I'd share it with the homeowner. I just tell them if I find anything really valuable like $1,000,000 I'll split it with them and they usually laugh lol.

The question you have to ask yourself is what's the worse that can happen? After 100's of doors the worse that's happened to me is they say no and then I just move onto the next house. I even knock doors with "No Trespassing" and "No Soliciting" signs all the time and I've found those people say yes just as much or more than people without "No Trespassing".

The best thing you can do is just don't think about it and go. I promise you that once you have knocked a few doors it becomes very easy to do. I used to fight and before each fight I would be extremely nervous almost to the point of shaking. After the first punch was thrown it's like all the anxiety went away, I became completely relaxed and was ready to rock. Door knocking is the same way...

Great finds, and extremely encouraging. I have been hunting a while, but as others, very reluctant of knocking on a strangers door. I've had some luck asking, also had the police come by from some homeowner calling them when hunting between sidewalk and curb. What do you say to the owner to start the conversation. All pointers are greatly welcome. Thanks Kurt

t8474kj1 said:
Great finds, and extremely encouraging. I have been hunting a while, but as others, very reluctant of knocking on a strangers door. I've had some luck asking, also had the police come by from some homeowner calling them when hunting between sidewalk and curb. What do you say to the owner to start the conversation. All pointers are greatly welcome. Thanks Kurt

Thanks Kurt =) I've had the cops called a few times sidewalk hunting but I tell them the city owns it and they've always been OK with it. I even had someone call the cops when I knocked a door across the street and got a YES. The cop came up and said do you have permission. I said yep. And he knocked the people's house door to verify LOL. The homeowners were like ya we said he could do that... JD and I have done this like 1,000 times so to us none of that stuff is a big deal at all. It's just part of it and not a big deal. Here's my video that gives some tips on door knocking:

https://youtu.be/zmeCnUKBd2g

SOOOO IMPRESSIVE :clapping:

It Is Amazing And Very Courageous

I have Problems Asking But With This As An Example Who Knows

Major Major Congrats