Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd Beach hunt for Nox 600 w/Silver

Jed in NC

Got my Nox 600 on the beach for the second time. Hunting my home NC beach that was hit hard during hurricane Florence. Didn't find gold but did pick up some silver. Bought some Gray Ghost Amphibian for the Nox. I thought that they worked well. The machine performed like a champ, and I am getting better at reading the numbers. I also just ordered the 15" coil and another lower shaft. Look forward to getting it on the sand in a week or so. I am very pleased with the machine, and wish I hadn't sat on the fence for so long.

congrats Jed...well done
curious as to how high you are able to run the SENS on the Nox in the beach modes??
and how deep the older Silver stuff is even given the cut outs left by Flo and the machine?

Excellent hunt, the gold will come. It can be some pretty low I.D. numbers or just low tones.
Jeff

sunraysux said:
congrats Jed...well done
curious as to how high you are able to run the SENS on the Nox in the beach modes??
and how deep the older Silver stuff is even given the cut outs left by Flo and the machine?

I'm new to the machine, and I am running the SENS at the default for Beach 1 ( I think that is 20 ). Most of the coins were found up high closer to the dunes in the dry sand at the edge of a pretty big cut. Most all of the coins were at about 8", some a little deeper and were hitting hard with a steady ID that matched the charts that others put out. I need to start logging the IDs of my finds, but I'm too focused on learning the machine. I attached a couple of photos to show how much sand is gone.

wowww........thats some serious beach erosion!
as an east coast guy, i am quite familiar with the ravages of the hurricanes on the coastlines....and then the army corp of engineer's response to that
should provide you with lots and lots of opportunities going forward...
without these storms, its pretty clear that many of those silvers would be totally out of reach