Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd Hunt with My V3i:rant:

and only one gold ring? J/K, I am REALLY starting to like this machine!!! I took the V3i to a new park today that I have never hunted and came across a pull tab signal. Thing is, this pull tab signal showed up as a 44, solid ID, solid tone and all the lines were straight. I had not come across any pull tabs today and so I figured, why not dig it as there was very little trash at this park. Well, about 3 inches underground (spot on depth meter ps) my "pull tab" shows itself. 14k gold mens band. I was thrilled. I have NEVER found gold on land on a second outing with a new machine. I also found a British Pound coin which was interesting. I did not get any deep signals but I do not know how old this park is. I want to thank everyone for their help with my questions this past week. The V3i is already starting to come together very quickly for me. I was out for a few hours today and I am really starting to understand this machines language. I know I have a long way to go but my confidence is starting to grow very quickly. Thanks all for your help and I look forward to sharing more of my finds with you soon. The ground finally thawed and so hopefully I will be posting a lot for you this year. HH -Marc

I'm glad you got the gold. Sorry i couldn't make it.

Only ONE gold ring, that's it?...:surprised:... congratulations Marc.

Thanks Larry. Also, thank you for your tips. I completely figured out how to perfect RXG and sens settings today. I had much better luck with locktrak and regular GB intervals. When this machine is set up correctly, it really is accurate. I also used Mixed Mode which was awesome! I am now planning to use the V3i for my main general detector and use the E-Trac for my deep needs. I don't know how deep the V3i will go as I have not dug any deep targets. I know the E-Trac is very deep. The V3i is clearly better for jewelry as this signal screamed DIG whereas on E-Tracs, the decision is quite a bit harder to make. The V just gives so much information. The E-Trac would have seen this signal no question but it would have given an audible tone and a Fe/Co value with no other info. The V has a plethora of info to check out which helps with making decisions. I look forward to my next hunt with this machine. Thanks Larry and Rob, your help has been amazing! HH -Marc

Grats Marc

I'm happy the V3i is working out for you, Keep the pics coming.

HH

Ken

Congratulations on the great recoveries, gold is always a welcome addition.
Thanks for posting

When you say "all the lines were straight", are you meaning in analize mode.....curious if you remember the pinpoint display? Thanks and congrats!

FP

I meant all the lines were straight in the spectragraph. Clean lines, clean signal, solid VDI. It was just so clean/solid is the only way I can describe it. On pinpoint, it hit highest on 7.5, by far. My apologies but I was wrong about the VDI, it came in as a +48, not +44 as mentioned above. It reads as a solid +48. I will bury it at 3" where I found it and take pics of the various screens for you. HH -Marc

WOW, the one I found really looks a lot like yours. How many pics did you have to take to get the angle so perfect? Thanks for sharing and HH -Marc

you guys across the pond are so lucky to be able to hunt parks and schools , all we can do is farm fields and the odd beach if you live near one,Even getting permission from farmers is a hell of a job!.... Gary:detecting: