Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd Silver for 2012, SQL, as bald as my head you be the judge.

iskirkra

Got permission to hunt a new spot that used to be a cattle sale barn. I used to go to cattle sales there when I was young. It is used to store oil field equipment now. It has been hunted many times in the past and is absolutely filled with junk. I spent 3 hours and only covered about a 30 X 30 spot. I used the EQ2 6" coil and it really did a nice job of seperating. I found the no date SLQ, - 1946 and 1951 wheats and 2 clad dimes. The owner told me there was no way I could find anything there because it has been hunted so many times in the past and most give up because of all the junk. There is a lot of ground to cover and it will take a lot of time but I think it will be worth it. Every time I go out with the E-Trac I learn more and like it more as well, I really have confidence in the E-Trac.

I put the SLQ under the microscope and can make out the D mint mark so I don't have to worry about it being a key date.

Oh, I hope I didn't ruin your supper with the bald head picture or for that matter the one with my cap on.

HH -- Randy

Very Nice Randy. I have only found one myself so far since getting my Etrac 2 years ago so congrats on getting one so soon. Many will be envious of that. They are beautiful coins I think.

I just noticed in the heading I called it an SQL. That is funny because I am a computer programmer by profession and am currently writing programs in a lanquage called SQL, so I guess that is the reason for the mistake. The standing liberty is a beautiful coin and would love to find one in good shape but I will take it any way I can get it. I have found 1 other Standing Liberty Quarter and is was worn as well but I could just make out the last digit and it was a 5 so I know it was a 1925 since they were only made from 1916 to 1930.

I write lots more SQL programs than I find SLQ quarters (have to admit I like finding SLQ's better than writing SQL's) :huh: I'm confused think I will go to bed now.

HH - Randy

Very nice coin. I would hit that place hard since others have given up because of the trash. Most likely, they did not have the right coil for the situation and that EQ2 6 will definitely pick out the good stuff. I went out yesterday with my EQ2 6 in a trash infested picnic area and found 35 coins in a 4 hour hunt. Most of them were fairly recent clad with the exception of 4 wheat's, the oldest being 1940. Anyway, let us when what you find on your 2nd trip back.

hey good one, i got a chuckle out of your post. :shocked:

nice bit of silver history you found there....id love to find one like that, (any one!) cant hardly remember the last time i found a slq.

Good huntin Randy! :thumbup: I just noticed, all the little smilies are bald too!:detecting:
HH Jim