Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd time out with the Etrac..........

Tired Rooster

Today was better than my first trip........which was nothing but deep rusty nails. Not anything to jump over, 14 pennies, 1 dime, 1 quarter. Nothing old....3 or 4 1960's pennies. But it was a good time and I became more familiar with the Etrac. I hunted in the stock coin mode today, four tone and auto sens. plus 2. Mainly listening to the tones over different targets and watching what the Fe and Co #'s where doing, along with where the cursor was moving. I will get better with it each time out. I'm already wanting to fool with different patterns.....but I'll wait a little while before I do that. One thing I have found is that the Etrac is a lot like the Sov. GT, in that slow is the name of the game. And like the GT, working that "wiggle" over a target tells you a lot. I'm gonna love this Etrac!!!! TR

I also like the stock coin pattern but make sure you open up the far upper right corner...sometimes big silver hangs out there..glad you are enjoying it. It would be hard for me to use anything else.

Nothing accelerates the learning curve faster than digging alot of targets at first and correlating the tones and the numbers with objects. I prefer multi for the wide variabilty of tones.
A handy trick when you're digging clad that will accentuate those tones is to drop a couple coins back in holes before you cover them and note how the tones change with different combinations. Coins are often dropped together and , if say , a nickel and a quarter land close together you'll get a number which may not relate to a single coin but the tone will tell you it's too good for the number and say "dig me" . Throw a pull tab and some foil in as well.

I hope your ground stays digable for a while longer ; it's starting to get awfully stiff and dry here. :(