Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 different detector brands, 3 weeks, 3 gold & other keepers

Ytcoinshooter

The represents almost 3 weeks in review with Whites, Minelab and Garrett. I have always posted my finds in detector specific forums but to save time I thought I'd do this here. The .925 shrimp ring and antique gold ring with jade or mossy agate was found in a plowed field using my V3i with 12x10" SEF coil. The hallmark
null_zpsa3588b54.jpg
on this antique gold ring revealed this info-
RIPLEY-HOWLAND MFG Co. on 10K Gold Rings, Manufacturing Jewelers, Boston, MA, and New York, NY, USA) - ca 1887 - 1912)
null_zpsdc4379e6.jpg
null_zps787e84bc.jpg
I also spent a couple hours with my V3i hitting curbsides on another day. That .925 ring screams "flatware" LOL!
null_zps51d96e6f.jpg

Next the KG III and Boy Scout diamond jubilee were found on turf using my ATPro.
null_zpse49a82a9.jpg
null_zps24558251.jpg
null_zpsfc60437a.jpg
null_zpsaa691659.jpg

I also took that Garrett for a swim with the intent of checking an area that caused too much nulling on my Excalibur.
null_zps43ebb5c8.jpg
The 6.1 gram 14K gold was icing on the cake that day. I like the way nickels come out of freshwater but as usual the silver needs electrolysis.
null_zps667425f1.jpg

A huge surprise was the Native American point that landed in my floating sifter.
null_zps3c1d797e.jpg

I went back in the water next day with my Excalibur 2, keeping to one deeper spot where there used to be a diving board. The cool thing is nearly all cents are wheat backs and no clad - just silver. It's a rare place that is a time capsule of swimming losses from a generation prior to clad coinage.
null_zps0f3dda6d.jpg
below pictured with a silver ring and piece of .925 chain is the silver after cleaning, 1 silver religious medal, another religious medal lower right is not silver but cleaned up a little.
null_zps172b0940.jpg
Next the Cracker Jack token
null_zps230bedff.jpg

null_zps1c58e41e.jpg
vintage swim goggles and cap
null_zpsfcffe8f3.jpg

null_zps9ceda7b3.jpg
Tuesday October 29 with duofold expedition beneath my 5mil wet suit, 3 mil neoprene socks under 5mil boots and thick fleece lined neoprene gloves I went back into the 49-50 degree water hoping my extra insulation would buy me more time and comfort. Back under the diving diving area on the edge of a steep drop off I managed 27 coins (7 silvers), 10K girls ring, broken "Yankees" ring (my team), with only one memorial cent. I always get a good feeling there when the first target is an Indian nickel.
null_zpsbfb32740.jpg
the ring 10K has seen better days. These stones are usually lab created and this one is really beat.
null_zps6dbeaeae.png
the silver after electrolysis
null_zps04c9742f.jpg
That about covers the better keepers the last 3 weeks.
HH - Bruce

By gosh thats some solid work there! :surprised::clapping: Glad you took advantage of the changing seasons and cleaned up!
Mud

WOW, You did good. Thank God for wet suites. I don't have one yet. I just wear chest waders. Wish I had a suite. If it keeps you warm, I would keep looking in that place. You just might find some more goodies. Good job.... KEN

ken ward said:
WOW, You did good. Thank God for wet suites. I don't have one yet. I just wear chest waders. Wish I had a suite. If it keeps you warm, I would keep looking in that place. You just might find some more goodies. Good job.... KEN
Hey Ken, I use waders too but the freedom of a wet suit allows me to reach places that would swamp my waders & pull me down. My wet suits were purchased
new for under $40 each at Ocean State Job Lot - seasonal items that I caught just right. I will be milking this spot for years if I can reach the deeper areas, it's a dream site - personal honey hole. But my access is seasonal and conditional being totally private. This place has netted me over 135 silver coins, a dozen+ gold rings, about 30 religious medals and many, many silver rings. A set of sweetheart wings from WW2 are one of my favorite finds, a very personal item for the gal who lost them. With a hookah system I could finally pull goodies from the deepest parts but I'm debating the cost and dangers.
Thanks for the compliment and good luck to you!
HH - Bruce

Great finds - congrats !

Very impressive finds and nice presentation. :clapping:Thanks for sharing.:thumbup:

Your story brings back fond memories of a deserted and forgotten lakeside recreational site that I hunted some years ago and the wonderful finds that surfaced while doing so. Research and finds indicated it was very active during WW2.

HH