Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 hour hunt with the AT Pro and V3i

MackDog

What can I say WOW. Started with the AT Pro first signal says VDI of 91 solid silver tone and 8" deep. Dig down 10 " and come out with my second ever Shield nickel it's pretty toasted but shiny on one side. I was disappointed new it sounded like big silver. Rescanned the hole and BANG 91 again pinpointed bottom of the hole and hit a 1899 Barber quarter that had the green mark where it was covered by the shield. Man what a 2 coin spill especially for Spokane. Used the Pro for another hour and a half maybe 27 clad couple of wheats that's it. Switched to the V3i and got a 85 VDI high tone and green freq at 5" I'm thinking silver quarter again, no but a nice 925 ring. Swung for another hour or so get a 86 signal high tone sounds like another quarter but then shows in the red frequency thinking junk but dig it anyway. Get a 1922 merchants 5 buck token? it's in awesome shape. Also got a gold and silver plated butterfly at 6". It seems both detectors are always trying to out do each other so I use them both. The Pro with the Big 17" NEL is heavy so when I tire I switch to the V3i. Thanks for looking and happy hunting

MackDog

That was a fantastic hunt - I love finding two coins together like that in the same hole. Recently found a 1896 V-nickel in the same hole with a 1909 S Wheat! Very exciting to find old coins in this manner!

I like the v3i 3-frequency analysis feature - very useful info on deeper targets! :biggrin:

Congrats on some amazing finds!

Great stuff, congrats!

That token is really interesting