Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 hours at the park

sube

20200424_162416.jpg
20200424_162416.jpg

Got out for a while can't find nickels with the nox but the ctx can .Didn't dig any of these in a while sure would like to dig quarters like Dan oh well it was a nice day for a change hope you guys got out . Can't seem to get the hang of posting here with the new system I guess I got twice as many coins lol .sube

View attachment 2989View attachment 2989
Got out for a while can't find nickels with the nox but the ctx can .Didn't dig any of these in a while sure would like to dig quarters like Dan oh well it was a nice day for a change hope you guys got out . Can't seem to get the hang of posting here with the new system I guess I got twice as many coins lol .sube
I sometimes hit wrong key and it does not let me finish my reply. I talk to myself and then try again. Nice finds Sub.

Reason i was asking is because i found a coin spill with my Nox 800 and in that was a 1945 nickel. I decided to check it with my CTX and it is 12-23 something i would not normally dig. The spill was shallow in the 5 inch range. I started thinking that maybe that is why i have not found all that many with my ctx.

Reason i was asking is because i found a coin spill with my Nox 800 and in that was a 1945 nickel. I decided to check it with my CTX and it is 12-23 something i would not normally dig. The spill was shallow in the 5 inch range. I started thinking that maybe that is why i have not found all that many with my ctx.
There are some that read as high as 12.40 depending what was used to mint them .But most fall in the 12,13 range I have a 45 s that reads 12.40 out of ground I guess it's just certain years that read high depending on the mint . Anytime i have a target travel on the 12 line between 12.13 to 12.30 back and forth and DEEP 6 inches or more i will dig most times it's a deep nickel sube

I've dug 2 war nickels since I got the ctx 2yrs ago. 12-13 and 12-18. Didn't check them out of the ground.

There are some that read as high as 12.40 depending what was used to mint them .But most fall in the 12,13 range I have a 45 s that reads 12.40 out of ground I guess it's just certain years that read high depending on the mint . Anytime i have a target travel on the 12 line between 12.13 to 12.30 back and forth and DEEP 6 inches or more i will dig most times it's a deep nickel sube
Good to know!