Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 Hrs. of hunting kicked my tail!

nw1886

A lady called me yesterday to see about getting a detector from me to look for a lost tennis bracelet. She'd never detected befor and looking for that kind of target would be at least moderately challenging for the best of us so....a buddy and myself gave it a go. My time was tight so it was nose to the grindstone with no breaks for 3 hours. (I just don't remember that kind of hunting kicking my tail like it did today!) I'm in decent shape but wow!

In that time ,we were able to probably able to get about a third of the area she thinks she lost it in while playing softball. I am really, really missing my "Bigfoot" capability right now! (Hope to get one this year.) Needless to say...never found it today but we'll keep giving it a go until we find the thing!

If my buddy finds it,she writes a $100.00 check to his towns food bank. (If I do.....mine.) Done this in the past and it works out well.

It was a lot of fun and we did find enough for the gas!!

The two tennis bracelets I have found come in the single digit VDI's Scott, but you probably already know that...........:shrug:

Sorry for not getting back but had a crazy busy day yesterday. Well..as far as the adjusting, we had our V's set wide open with high RX etc. . The place was relatively clean with no EMI or mineralization. (Fast filters and moderately fast recoveries too.) I did test for good separation and had no problem with small foil (Yup...this is where it'll be.) and didn't feel a need to notch. Paid a lot of attention to nulling and partial nulls while accepting down to -7. (Cross swept all of this kind of stuff and even did this on good targets to check for masking?) The bracelet is small link 3/4" run, 3 diamond, small link 3/4 " run, 3 diamond...............etc.

It not being a tough enviro./ground....... settings were fine? I was finding plenty of foil with tight separation...and still kept it a "full window" jewelry hunt. Gridded,cross swept...."touch once" kind of approach I guess. (Did prioritize for that kind of target but if other stuff was there....)

Thanks guys, gonna try and hit it for a bit this evening.

Keep trying and good luck. There is the possibility it just got pickup off the surface by someone who didn't feel the need to look for the owner. It sounds like a recent loss so I think you would have got it. I hope she didn't lose it close to Larry's house. :devil:[attachment 165288 ani_einstein.gif]............Rob