Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 Ring Weekend!

Billium

This is a first for me. Found the two Silvers in the same back yard. The turquoise is really cool the other is ugly but both Silver. The "rope" ring is gold plated. It appears to be hand made found it in at a different house. Both places were 1905-1920. One hunting buddy did find 4 silver dimes, just wasn't my day for the coins.

There all excellent and exciting finds in my book!:clapping: I'd take a three ring weekend any time. Congrats!:thumbup:

knarfj said:
There all excellent and exciting finds in my book!:clapping: I'd take a three ring weekend any time. Congrats!:thumbup:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. :beers:

Very nice finds. I will take 3 rings over a few dimes any day. Way to go.... KEN

Excellent finds !

Did a little research via a Catholic friend. This is the description I got back.
Quote from Father Restrepo:
"They were used to be worn by some nuns after they made their final vows as a sign of consecration to Christ or as a way to see themselves as the brides of Christ. It consist of two knots. One represented Jesus uniting Himself to the nun or setting her apart for him and the other knot to represent the nun's commitment to Jesus. The word Spouse comes from Latin which means to be knotted to the other, to be tied, united. From it comes the idea that marriage is unsolvable."

To me that is a COOL story because it was found at an abandoned Catholic retirement home run by Nuns.