Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 Silver day!

I've gotten a number of silvers from this park and have covered all but the real trashy and high iron areas, just usually passing through them on my way to elsewhere. Today I decided that I have to take on the beast and FOCUS, if I had any chance of finding anything among the null and repetitive high tones. The grass was pretty high in spots so I upped it to 28 sense with the SE Pro and 11" coil. And yeah, call me nuts for the 11" coil on those settings, but for some reason it works, noise, null and high tones. That's one of the things I like about the 11" Pro coil.

About a half hour in I get this really good high tone. I mean really good. VDI, VID, shows at times a 6-31, at others a 1-28, sometimes a 27 and a 24. I dance around the spot for a good four or five minutes trying to determine, via IM off, IM on, sensitivity adjustment, etc.... what this is and if it's a digger. I find a nominal centerpoint after bouncing the coil and doing the dance and decide to dig. Have a pinpoint target with the carrot at the 4 O'clock of the hole that's really strong and after pulling bits of aluminum foil out of the dig prior, dig that target and it's a 53 D Rosie! Check the hole and at exactly the same position have exactly the same carrot reaction. Put that Hori, Hori in higher and deeper into the same area and afer a good pull out pops a 56 Washington! At this point I am flabbergasted! Have run into many old timers who said the park was hunted out.

Continue on the quest and low and slow, checking out every high tone and digging a few nails and some beer bottle caps, cause ya never know, I come up on a 1-29 that will not go away no matter how I dance round and round. Dig a 6" diameter plug in some of the worst gravel and shale mix in dry ground I have ever done, and at the bottom of the dig sits a 44 Merc. Now I'm beyond flabbergasted, I'm stunned. I've walked through this area a dozen times on my way to somewhere else. Shows ya how much I know.

Low, slow, HOT AS HELL on settings, and let the frequencies of the SE PRO do the work.

GL & HH out there!

Ed/ODF

And I'm doing some serious research on the NOX 800. I'll be in the market for one here probably during the Winter. It looks like it can solve some of the ground problems I have that can't be well defeated by the SE Pro or the DEUS.

ODF, it pays to keep going! Congratulations on those cool finds! You worked hard for them.

Tony

Thanks Tony! Fall and Winter are coming. No Bugs, No humidity and more time to concentrate on the sport!

Ed

Congrats on the nice silver finds!

Great finds - well done !