Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3000 year old axe

james1969

This bronze age axe has made my detecting year,it fills me with wonder to think of the people who made this and what there world was like three thousand years ago.

PB190004.jpg

Not only that but also yours are the first human hands to touch that in 3000 years!!!!! Here in the States we consider things from the 1700's old and whenever I find something that old one of the first things that comes to mind is that I am the first person to hold that item after all those years!!!!

WTG on a Great find!!!!!

HH

Beachcomber

What a fantastic example, well done and it don't matter what machine it was with.

Are you in the UK?

Makes you wonder? Was it dropped by its owner after a battle to the death? Was it discarded because it was broken? Or was it simply lost/misplaced? I love this hobby and the glimpse into the past it provides us. Great Find!!

When do you expect to get it back from the coroner?