Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3030 gives me one of my most sought after treasures,,,,

grouser

1937 D ,,,,Not a big deal to most,,,, but I have wanted an Indian head nickel for SO LONG I was just floored when I found it,:clap:,,,,, Out of an area that once was a swimming hole on the river back in the day. In the late fifties a dam was built above it and it made the water in the river SO COLD that it lost it's popularity to swimmers. It is a well know area and has been hunted to death. I have been over the small area numerous times and found clad but no silver. I have my nickel area in combine set to a high tone just so I wouldn't miss nickels,,,,, and I'll be darned I think it payed off !!!! :crazy:
The brass baseball charm I think is off a Letterman's jacket,,,, it states "N.A.T.C. 46" guessing they went to the nats in 1946,,, anyone think it's something different??
And the propeller, about 2.5 inches in dia, had me wishing I could find the rest of that plane,,,having such good luck with my 3030,,,,,:minelab: rocks !!!

Congrats on your Buffalo......personal satisfaction of your finds is what it's all about..........

Nickels can be a real challenge in an area with a lot of aluminum pull tabs and can slaw. I made a point to try and recover nickels a week ago in a local park. I retrieved 7 nickels and several beaver tail type pull tabs or just the beaver tail itself. I was recovering targets that registered a solid 13 CO from two angles, and without a lot of "smear" to the red colored area. I have a lot more of experimenting to do, to get a good system going, however. I feel that there should be a lot of nickels to be found, since after digging a few pull tabs, a lot of people feel it's not worth the time to go for them. I like finding the old coins including nickels,even though the value isn't there on nickels. A couple of years ago, I recovered a "slam" in nickels one afternoon: Shield, Liberty or "V", Buffalo, and a Jefferson. I thought that was pretty cool. You might get a gold ring, also, when trying to find those nickels....HH

I found one fairly deep about 6-7inches the other day and the co was like 29 and the fe wasn't 12 either so they can read all over I guess. I hunted a spot with my Etracin the factory coins program then went back over the spot in two tone ferrous last year and I must have pulled 30 nickles out so now it's all about the sound with my CTX. I was using Gone's combine program and have my nickle sound the same as on my Etrac and my other slots sound pretty much like I had on my Etrac too.

congrats!!! I found my first buffalo(1936) last week with my ctx too..

Congrats on the finds and your first buffalo HH

:minelab:ctx3030
:minelab:Etrac
:whites:m6
:garrett:pro pointer
Ulster county ny
http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

yes just the tail part of the tab has fooled me many times !!!! so sure it was a nickel,,, but I dig the tab numbers , and others, alot of the time looking for the gold,,,, just got a check from ARA for 280 for a couple rings that I turned in,,,,, to me a couple hundred pull tabs is worth the gold you find,,,, thanks for all the comments gents !!!! HH!!!!!

I have found 11 v nickles 3 buff and 60 jefferson my buff count is way down i'm going to have to make a buff pattern.

Congrats on the first Buff!!!