Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3030/Nox observation

DWild

I have been using the 3030 about 3 weeks coming from about 5 years on the Etrac. I must say I am impressed. One of my friends has a new Equinox 800 & we have been comparing a lot of signals. Now before I get in trouble, is it okay to compare these two machines on this forum or must that been done elsewhere. I can't seem to figure out how to find the forum rules on the site. I occasionally see some scolding for posting in the wrong place. As soon as I get some direction I will continue the post.

Thanks for the info. I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure.
We have been hunting one of our pounded parks in the trashy areas me with the 3030 & my friend with the Equinox 800. First off let me say that Nox is ruthless on nickels. Now I have found more old coins than my friend has with the Nox but I am using a 6" coil which does make a difference.

Now for the interesting find comparison. I hit a good 6" signal in trash that I thought was silver. When he ran the Nox over it he could kinda get it one way & he said if anything it showed close to a penny. It was a 1917 Merc standing perfectly on edge. Dug down close to 7" and it pinpointed on the side of hole. You could see it straight up and down. The CTX must pinpoint edge coins like the Etrac. I would find edge coins on the side of hole with it. There was a square tab & a small nail in the same hole. The CTX threw a solid 14/47 when centered. Depth was dead on. Both numbers seem to skew high but who wouldn't dig those numbers. I'm guessing the trash contaminated the target ID. I did gps the find. I will attach the readings.

If people would CLICK on Recovery Fast it would bring the CTX closer to the speed of the NOX.
But to me the NOX is hotter on nickles and gold which makes for a great beach machine.

I seem to do better with deep on and fast off in fe/coin. Again I am just learning the CTX & coming from the Etrac I swing slow. I am impressed with the depth on that 6" coil. Never had a small coil on the Etrac. I do use the target trace & find it helpfull.

I have the CTX and find it is great on the nickels as well. I have found a lot of nickels with it. Plus they are easier to identify using the target trace. They show up just left of the square push tabs. I thought about getting a 6" coil but my ground is harsh and depth is reduced. I am afraid that the 6" coil would not give me enough depth.

halfstep said:
I have the CTX and find it is great on the nickels as well. I have found a lot of nickels with it. Plus they are easier to identify using the target trace. They show up just left of the square push tabs. I thought about getting a 6" coil but my ground is harsh and depth is reduced. I am afraid that the 6" coil would not give me enough depth.

Actually, the 6" coil could help you a lot more than you think. The 6" sees far less soil at any one time so there is less mineralization for it to deal with. At the same time, it gets GREAT depth. I had solid hits on coins at 8 inches with it.

I find the nickel situation with the CTX interesting. I have had very little luck. My responses to them are almost always rough and inconsistent, while other people seem to hit them very solid.

I have collected and analyzed over 4,400 coins found MDing over the past 2 yrs with the CTX 3030 and Excal. When it comes to nickels or any US coin (.01, .05, .10, .25), the percentage of each denomination found MDing closely matches US Mint figures for each denomination. In other words, it doesn't matter if it is a nickel or quarter or a dime or a cent - they're all detected by the same amount solely based on how many are produced. There is nothing special about the nickel...but they really do scream with each machine!

Mint Figures 17.9 22.1 10.9 49.2
My Figs (4456 coins) 16% 22% 11% 50%
Forgive the rounding error