Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

35-50 theory?

gunwolf

I know the article is old... but found it a few days ago. I tried this yesterday morning and only had it hit like described about 5 times... 4 were small nails or wire and 1 was a 8" deep wheat...in open screen quick mask it was bouncing from 35-50 to 20-43 and the tone was the same pitch both ways, scratchy not smooth... I don't believe every thing I read, I have to do more field research...I did find it interesting. I tried pinpoint mode in "sizing" but need more time to grasp it.. I get a better idea of size with "normal" setting in pinpoint. I have dug my share of silvers over the years that shared the same plug as a rusty nail... I always relied on certain things like tone and depth... but if this pans out it will be one more tool at my disposal...

yep...A 35-50 target has to bounce into the 20's ferrous for me, like the wheat you dug, other wise , I walk away...
As you know ...most deep coins bounce up into the right top corner of the smart find ...most iron just lays near the bottom of the screen.
And it has to have that coin tone in there once in awhile to get your attention...also the same pitch sound, as you mentioned...
We all dig rusty bolts and nuts and copper rivets....they just could be a coin...sound is the most important discriminator you have.

certain sites when I hunt for deep stuff I dig every repeatable signal 6" or deeper and I use the 13" coil and this screen...which is open to the 27 line and discriminated from 28 to 35, I haven't found a need to open it up any farther at this point. I'm hitting another old property tomorrow morning and will once again be going slow and listening for deep signals. I have been able to run as high as 28 sensitivity lately with no constant null due to the very dry ground... when it is wet the mineralized soil is on steroids and I can only run about 14 manual or auto +3 which runs about 10-12 with the 13" coil.
uHMYs3l.jpg