Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3RD EQUINOX BITES THE DUST...

Calabash,
I have seen some control heads just under the surface of the water spring a leak. Is this your case as well or do you hunt at deeper depths? I don't understand how some units can go to deeper depths before they leak and then some just under the surface.

I have a suspicion that Minlabe has the parts made in china ,and thats where the problem lay. how can a slave do a good job when he is working 16 hours a day for nothing No sleep ,you make mistakes or is it sabatoge, I have no proof but if thats what is going on it may explane it . I sold my Equinox for a very low price because of this . At least the AT max is reliable . I am liking the ORX as a land dweler

Second unit 7 or 8 ft max depth for short period of time to recover target but was used for shallow water hunting few times... Bought a Excall for under water hunting becuase Nox is useless underwater...Cant hear it not enough volume..

My replacement unit will not power on.... BTW the replacement unit was a used unit....come on minelab..
The more I hear this the more I draw concern. Again, this is why I haven’t submerged mine yet in fear of leaking.Sounds like the chances are higher that leaking will happen more so than not!.....Great machine though besides the issues......it’s a shame!

I'm water hunting just barely over the base of the controller no problem but I'm not going any deeper!
Mark

I never dunked control head but do shallow fresh water. Sent mine back 6 months or ago and got it back quick. They replaced my coil and i tested it out and all seemed good till i went back to the water, acted like EMI kinda (lots of falsing) but that place is so remote i run at 22+ sensitivity most of the time. Too hot latley but will give it a work out tomorrow.

I got my new pod on my shaft and I am back up and running.

Perhaps buying a dedicated underwater machine is the way to go, minelab have had the best even many years ago .

my watch is waterproof upto so many metres , but it was expensive so never goes into the water just in case.

Take it easy Middy and stop yelling at everyone. Drink a beer and relax. Good grief.

Well now you have! Mine got water in it from showering it off in a very low pressure beach shower. For me, damp towel from now on.

I was really concerned about this as I had heard that they had problems leaking. I finally got the courage to dunk it. So far I have water hunted about 10 times & thoroughly dunked it. So far it hasn't leaked. If you're having problems with volume I would recommend Patroit Headphones. Give a loud clear signal. I love them. I bought them specifically because they were recommended for sound quality.

Just out of curiosity CD if you've had this much problem with the EQ why did you ever leave the Deus. I've had the XP for years w/o a minute of trouble. Have the CTX too. But have had nothing but mechanical problems with it for a year. Finally Andy worked on it rather than product support and we finally got it running. Turns out another CTX friend had the same problems. Good machines but simply have more mechanical failure.

Oh boy your like me on my 3 one also!
Matk