Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3rd Time Out with MMK

Coin Rescue Inc

Visited a wooded lot that had a house and garage years ago.
36 degrees here but I forgot about the cold as I started finding targets
It was a bit weedy so I had to stick to the make shift two track
I have been over this area many times before so I was not sure I would find anything worth while
The cents are a 1953 D and a 1963 D - 1946 Nickel and a 1964 Canadian Cent
Hunted in 3 tone with gain at 89. Iron tone turned down to 3.
The Wheat was appox 8" down.

Additional Information

The Hot spot on my coil pin points at the "A" in the word MAKRO. This is about 3 to four inches back from the tip of the coil

I did hit on 4 junk targets not shown in the photos- they ID'd high like a coin.

The Wheat cent tone was sharing an iron grunt tone. So there must have been some Iron close by. It is a plus the Makro can produce a high tone in this condition. If I recall correctly the TID high number was in the low 70's where a copper cent should read near 79. I trust in the sounds more than the TID numbers.

The Nickel rang in at TID 30. It was a solid number hit and 4" deep. I was not convinced it was a coin until I dug it up. 30 is shared by many metal objects. So this raise my confidence a notch on nickel TID's.

The other coins were solid hits- no surprises there.

Screen Saver. I left the factory plastic screen save on my Kruzer display. I noted as I started the hunt yesterday that there was 1" by 1/4" scratch on the screen saver. Some how I am unlucky in this department. How in the world did that happen I can't say. I when to the Dollar store and picked up a pack of cell phone screen protectors for future use. I try to really take care of my gear but just unlucky in this regards.

Used 14 Hz in yesterday's hunt- 3 tone - Iron Audio turned down to 3 - Gain at 89. Was out for no more than an Hour.

My thoughts so far are all positive on the Makro Kruzer. With the choice of 5, 14 and 19 Hz and being water proof, this unit may be the only one I need to carry in my car.

Coin Rescue: I too left the factory screen saver on my Kruzer. It would be nice if they offered them for sale. I think the old adage glass half empty, glass half full' applies to you. You say you were unlucky because your screen saver got a 1" x 1/4 scratch, ( sorry to hear ), but I think you were very lucky that you had the presence of mind to leave the factory screen savor on or otherwise you may have a 1" x 1/4" scratch on your screen. I think you were lucky! Good luck in the future.

Carolina

My screen saver has a gouge in it on the right side in the black area, thankfully it's not on the screen itself. It came out of the box that way. I'm not happy about it, and not sure if
my screen is scratched underneath it or not, but wanted to protect the screen, so I left the factory screen saver on it. I just got my Kruzer on Friday and don't want to send it back to be repaired
yet if it is scratched.

I have the same luck as you Coin Rescue Inc, I can be the only one to put my name in the hat, and they draw 6 7/8........:)