Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3rd Time out with the Sovereign Amplifier

plugger

This morning I went to a very heavily hunted beach here in Carlsbad because it is close at hand and the PGA golf tournament is on today and I didn't want to miss any of that. I am a big Tiger Woods fan and I am enjoying his march into the history books. A few more years and he will own all of the records and it is fun to watch! Anyways, back to the beach... I decided to use my 12 x 15 SEF coil today and see if I could get really deep. Well after an hour of that, I was tired of swinging the heavier coil and digging deeper holes so I went back to the car and grabbed the other rod with my S-8 on it and went back for another 2 hours. Here is what I found, using the larger coil: there was more falsing, especially in the darker sand and where a lot of fire pit coals were present, but still manageable, probably for most people it is similar to hunting with very high sensitivity. I always hunt in Silent Search and any extra noise bugs me! I was at 12 o'clock and while I did dig some deep coins that were probably overlooked by the army of hunters who work this beach every day, I did not enjoy using the larger coil with AMP. I will stick with my 8" S-8 coil and I can run the Sens in the 10-11 range and it pinpoints alot better than that 15" coil. I like the way the AMP sings out and locks onto the good targets. I still feel like I have to go a little bit slower with it than I did without it, but that may just be me. Bottom line: I like the AMP and will continue using it with my S-8. Total haul was $3.36 and 2 toy cars. Plugger

Thanks for taking the time to keep us up on your experience with the Amp...Looking forward to all of your updates...Winter project for me & the Excal to Amp it and do a Pinpoint toggle on the grip, if not A Semi/waterproof SE & a Amp..........Good Luck....Obn