Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 more off the bucket list.......

bootyhoundpa

had my best hunt ever last saturday....hunted a farm field that i have hunted dozens and dozens of times before...this place is quite trashy but always sends me home with something interesting but this day she blew my mind..... the ground was soggy and swampy ....the field had been recently tilled ...it hadnt been tilled for 2 years prior ..... anyway i really wasnt expecting to find much but was presently suprised by a small oval flat button with an anchor engraved in it... then dug a few modern coins from the 1970s.... i thought oh its gonna be one of those days...... the signals started picking up .... i dug what i thought what was gonna be a wheaty but it turned out to be an indian head...i thought oh thats cool...i wiped the face off and saw 1877 and thought wow i think that might be a good one....and the day didnt slow down as over the course of the next few hours i dug my 1st bust dime-1833, a 1793 flowing hair large cent --ive been wanting one of these ever since the first time i saw a picture of one.... when i realized it was a flowing hair largy i almost weeped tears of joy.... last but not least i pulled my 1st 3 cent piece 1854 out of the ground...i lost it 5 times before i found it once..man those things are tiny...i thought it was a piece of aluminum play money or foriegn coin until i could read the detail...[attachment 263984 rsd4-20-13hunt.jpg][attachment 263983 rsd3centpiece.jpg][attachment 263982 1833bustdimersd.jpg][attachment 263980 1877ih-rsd.jpg][attachment 263981 1793lc-rsd.jpg] ive never posted pics before so i hope this works.... it was actually easier finding these coins than learning how to post pics.... happy hunting all....

Nice dent in the bucket list, sweet!!! Thanks for the pics.

HH Quack

way to go, id be in tears for sure. Except for the IH, the capped, flowing hair, and III are all on my list. Super day there. Good Hunts, CO

Holy cow, that's one heck of a hunt! I'll be happy if I ever find one of those in my entire detecting career and I still have a long ways to go. Congrats on some sweet finds!

Hope you get that large cent and indian professionally cleaned and graded. Could be valuable finds. Great hunt!! Nothing like a hunt that nets close to three grand worth of coins...

Holy cow! Congrats on the excellent recoveries.
I think I would weep a little too if I had a day like that!

OMG, unbelievable day!! Except for the IH penny the other 3 are on my bucket list. Gotta be more stuff there.

thanks for all the replies...only problem is i dont know if i will ever have a day that good again.... i have consideredgetting the 1877 professionally preserved but have know idea where to take it....

That 1793 Large cent is the first year issue a US Copper was minted in America it is a very rare find and pretty good shape as coppers come out of the ground , that coin is worth quit a bit of $$ in any shape !!!! Congrats :thumbup: Jim