Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 quarters equals 1 dollar right?? In finds

garthbfan

So I find this little park not to far from me a couple of weeks ago and have been chomping at the bit since to hunt it! I finally got out to it and man did it pay off. Went out for about 1 and a half hours. The first hour was slow and was thinking what a dud!! I then went from the playground area to the ball field and bingo found 7 dimes in a row!! I then went to the other side of the back stop and my first hit was a quarter. My second hit was a dollar on the old ACE250 at 4 inches. I have got to say in my short metal detecting career about 1 year I have dug about 20, 1 dollar targets and except for a 1922 Studebaker hubcap they have been all duds. Until this one. I dug the plug and flipped it over and BAM 5 quarters drop off the bottom of the plug. (Note to self write Garrett and tell the they need to put a 1.25 notch on the new ACES hehe)

All in all I finished this short hunt with 26 coins for a grand total of 3.14 cents. And a possible bonus the one dime I have seams to have been stamped wrong. Took a photo of it but I don't think it shows it very well. Not sure what this is called but going to have it checked out!! Thanks for looking!!

On the face of the dime the left side of the rim is raised a lot from the right side! I have never see a dime like this one and is very noticeable!! Thanks for all the comments!

It's a mistrike so check it out. It might be worth something. Check on the internet as their are sites dealing with errors and mistrikes.

Bill

Kind of like this one??? I found this in my change the other day. 1993-p dime that has been struck very deep. the dime on right just for comparision.

Exactly flash thks!! It's my first 'error" coin.

Congrats on the finds. I am a newbie with an ace 250 and your finds give me hope. I will have to search my parks a little harder. Good goin'

Great hunt!:clapping:Man, that is too cool how the Ace read all those quarters together as a dollar.:bouncy:Incredible!:detecting:Cool story! Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

n/t

aslterp7 said:
Congrats on the finds. I am a newbie with an ace 250 and your finds give me hope. I will have to search my parks a little harder. Good goin'
I am still a newbie also but I got out alot this year and what I can tell you is pratice alot. Get out ,slow down and listen to your detector. I still dig most targets but I am guessing about 85 % right of the time as to what I am gonna dig. The 5 quarter spill I was wrong. I figured it was a big hunk of metal. But that's why you have to dig most targets. Especially the big ones. Good luck and have fun. Remember a bad day detecting is better than a good day at work!!

garthbfan said:
So I find this little park not to far from me a couple of weeks ago and have been chomping at the bit since to hunt it! I finally got out to it and man did it pay off. Went out for about 1 and a half hours. The first hour was slow and was thinking what a dud!! I then went from the playground area to the ball field and bingo found 7 dimes in a row!! I then went to the other side of the back stop and my first hit was a quarter. My second hit was a dollar on the old ACE250 at 4 inches. I have got to say in my short metal detecting career about 1 year I have dug about 20, 1 dollar targets and except for a 1922 Studebaker hubcap they have been all duds. Until this one. I dug the plug and flipped it over and BAM 5 quarters drop off the bottom of the plug. (Note to self write Garrett and tell the they need to put a 1.25 notch on the new ACES hehe)

All in all I finished this short hunt with 26 coins for a grand total of 3.14 cents. And a possible bonus the one dime I have seams to have been stamped wrong. Took a photo of it but I don't think it shows it very well. Not sure what this is called but going to have it checked out!! Thanks for looking!!
Clad you got a chance to hit it!