Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 Barbers

ronaldj2

We had an unusually warm Jan. 11 , 2020. I invited my brother to go detecting with me. It was only my second time out with the 800. I let my brother use my AT Max. We were on a wooded semi rocky hillside , which had been logged over 100 years ago. I had been to this area before and had recovered 2 indian head pennys in the same hole. We had both found our share of shell casings and old shotgun brass and a few small relics , not much else. We hit a high of 65 deg , the sun was starting to sink below the mountain . As we were heading back to the car we came to a small steam with a few flat areas next to it. As I swung the Nox I got a solid 31 (if my memory serves me). Dug a small plug and pinpointed the ground , low and behold some silver in the hole. After rechecking it and the surrounding edges I came up with 4 more silvers and a corroded coin. 5 Barbers and a V nickle. Was a good outing for sure. Dates : (1) 1895 S (1) 1906 (2) 1907 (1) 1911 and an 1895 V nickle.

Attachments

• 20200112_175130.jpg
    20200112_175130.jpg
    859.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Message_1578869469729.jpg
    Message_1578869469729.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 269
Check the 1895 for an “O” mintmark if you haven’t already Ron, that’s the high dollar one in the group if it is.
Well done swinging to the bitter end, lots of great finds are made “on the way back to the car”.

Congratulations on a great hunt, I found my first barber on the way back to the truck after a 7 hour hunt. What a way to end the day, thanks for posting.

Awesome finds 31-34-35 on the nox are great numbers!!!
Mark

Last edited:
We had an unusually warm Jan. 11 , 2020. I invited my brother to go detecting with me. It was only my second time out with the 800. I let my brother use my AT Max. We were on a wooded semi rocky hillside , which had been logged over 100 years ago. I had been to this area before and had recovered 2 indian head pennys in the same hole. We had both found our share of shell casings and old shotgun brass and a few small relics , not much else. We hit a high of 65 deg , the sun was starting to sink below the mountain . As we were heading back to the car we came to a small steam with a few flat areas next to it. As I swung the Nox I got a solid 31 (if my memory serves me). Dug a small plug and pinpointed the ground , low and behold some silver in the hole. After rechecking it and the surrounding edges I came up with 4 more silvers and a corroded coin. 5 Barbers and a V nickle. Was a good outing for sure. Dates : (1) 1895 S (1) 1906 (2) 1907 (1) 1911 and an 1895 V nickle.

Very nice !

Now that’s a coin spill I want to find!!!

Congratulations! Great finds for sure!

Thanks all !! Be doing some beach hunting Feb 13th-16th. My wife and I are going to Cape Cod. We are celebrating 28 years of marriage. There is a beach right outside the door, I have had great luck at with my Safari. Now its time to let the Nox work some of its magic. I'll post some of my finds when I get back. , That particular beach has yielded me some older coins and jewelry. So fingers crossed on more goodies.

Thanks all !! Be doing some beach hunting Feb 13th-16th. My wife and I are going to Cape Cod. We are celebrating 28 years of marriage. There is a beach right outside the door, I have had great luck at with my Safari. Now its time to let the Nox work some of its magic. I'll post some of my finds when I get back. , That particular beach has yielded me some older coins and jewelry. So fingers crossed on more goodies.
Good luck on the Cape I'm in Ct beaches have had some good erosion here I'm usually hunting beaches now but nothing is frozen so sticking to the dirt!
Mark

Really nice coins. I have never found a barber but then again I don’t coin hunt much.

Went to the cape, very windy found some antique trinkets and some sort of a foot peddle. My wife and I seem to think it may be part of a step from an old horse buggy. I will post pics a little later when I sort out some of the finds. True about the dirt (not frozen). Old man winter has been gracious to us. (thus far)